SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What Are You Doing?

It has been a busy time as usual around here. More work was done on the chicken house over the 3 day holiday weekend. Not done yet. Hopefully soon the girls will be able to move in! The nesting boxes are not made and today we heard Buttercup, the Buff Orpington cackling away and looked for where it came from and there in an old dog house she stood, with a cute pinkish brown egg! The first for us. They may be laying some out in the weeds and plants around as we do hear cackling from time to time. After the girls are moved in I will be bringing a nice big Buff Orpington rooster to live with them. Amber has too many roosters so I said I would take this one. He does not crow, at least he hasn't. He will be called Sunday. Short for Sunday Dinner.

Cheryl and I spent most of the day pulling weeds out of the garden. She also put the sugar and Epsom salt around the tomato plants as someone told about on here. I am tired and want to go to bed, but the chickens do not go to bed that early and I always shut them up at night.

I hope all had a great weekend. What have you been doing?

Sue

Comments (19)