Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crazy storm

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 18:41

Crazy wild storm here this afternoon...and guess who's car windows were down a bit? During the storm, the roof at work leaked, the freezer stopped working, and while they guy was there to look at the freezer, I noticed the temp gauge on the fridge was wayyyyy to warm. Had to unload both and take food to another center until we get them fixed. Went to unload my car, and the whole back of my pants were totally wet from sitting on the wet car seat. As I was leaving our center, I got to the first stop light, and across the street (not the direction I needed to go thank goodness), cops had the road blocked off because it was flooded. There was a car in the middle of the water, up past the doors. Got on the freeway, and the southbound side, (not the direction I needed to go thank goodness) was bumper to bumper and stopped. Evidently, there was an accident, probably caused by the torrential downpour, wind and crazy hail! So glad to be home!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crazy storm

jean, wa state? not the typical seattle rain we'd have when we lived there! i do remember one rainstorm they called a 100 year rain...but that was back in 1986...

o
RE: crazy storm

I know I replied..but it's not here, so I'll do it again..if it shows up twice, that's why. I moved to Colorado Springs over a year ago...I really should probably change my user name, huh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here