Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend and 2nd Interviews

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 18:39

Boy am I beat!!!!!!

left Saturday morning for my Brother & SIL's house. 2 1/2 hour drive due to rain storm. Got there and they both gave me a HUGE hug!!! Wanted to cry I was so happy. We spent hours talking and talking. My nieces and nephews came over and they couldn't believe it when they saw me. Got hugs from everyone. When I was leaving the next morning my brother said he loved me and not to wait another 13 years to come over.

First interview at 8:30 this morning. Went well. Met with the Dean and the currect secretary (who is transferring to another department).

Second interview at 11:15 went well too. Met with head of department 7 committee members. Explained that I had been involved with education union for 14 years so I am really hoping that helped me. Job deals with the unions.

Both of them said that they will have their decisions by Wednesday. I feel I did my best and if this is meant to be it will happen.

Also...I had an interview where I work in another department. (Remember I was 9 for 9 not getting jobs). Got an email that I have a meeting with the Dean & HR on Wednesday. Wonder if they are going to offer me the job???????

Have to wait but will let you know when I hear what the outcome is on everything.

Thank you all for the good vibes!!!

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend and 2nd Interviews

It sounds like you had a great weekend with your brother and family. I am so glad that it went well.

Well, that's very interesting that your office wants to interview you for a position there. Hmmmm, maybe they heard from the other places that they were very interested in you. Good luck with everything and hope you get what you want.

o

too bad you can't clone yourself. Sounds like you have excellent prospects. HOW will you ever choose, if they all offer you a job.

So glad your visit with your brother went so well.

o

I'm so glad it went well with your brother and his family.

Congratulations on good interviews, and I will pray that you have great news to share on Wednesday. Hugs!

o

Fingers crossed!

o

SamKaren, I'm so glad you had a great weekend. That surely boosted your confidence level for today's interviews. Do you know which job you would rather have? Good luck to you, my dear.

o

I'm glad you had such a great visit with your brother and his family.

Sounds like Wednesday will be a big day! Crossing my fingers for you!

o

I think you should start thinking about WHICH job you would prefer.
I have a feeling you will have multiple offers to mull over!

o

You must be on cloud nine with your wonderful warm reception at your brother's and now the jobs!!!! You're well on your way to a new beautiful life as a happy single.

o

sounds good! Glad you went to see your brother!

o

Wow; how things have turned around for you in the past couple weeks! I have no clue what the story about your brother is, but it sounds like you will be keeping in touch! :)

o

God I hate the waiting and not knowing!!!!!! I know exactly which job I want but would take either.

Went online today (just in case I am lucky) and found an apartment complex that has several units available at a perfect time to move. AND it's 5 blocks from my sweetie...

Hope I have good news to post tomorrow. I think I wll be crushed if I don't get either of them.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here