SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yogalady1948

dbfirewife~~~cr-v

YogaLady1948
9 years ago

Do you like your Crv?? I really like the look of them, but notice that the back window looks like it has blind spots? I think my DH read a write up about this also.

My DH has a Pilot and we turn a switch that turns on the AC for the back and the air ports are in the back of the arm rest for the the front seat~~~back seat drivers can adjust them as they want. Is that like the Crv??

I have an Odyssey 2000 and I love it, but it is time for something new, and a bit smaller maybe, but not too low to the ground~~

Comments (10)

• blfenton
    9 years ago

No, the crv does not have back seat air. The Pilot is quite a bit bigger than the crv with a third set of seats hence the extra air-conditioning.

I love the crv for driving but we have had a lot of problems with ours. Within 4 years we had replaced the transmission, the rear-differential, the air-conditioning and the wiper motor.

Honda however was really good about covering everything under the warranty. We have a lemon and it still continues to cause us problems but now we are out of warranty and too bad for us.

edit to add - sorry I just noticed that this post was actually addressed to someone.

This post was edited by blfenton on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 18:03

• socks
    9 years ago

Yogalady, I'm thinking of the CRV as well. I think I read the same thing your DH read about visibility out the back for changing lanes. That worries me, so I'll wait and test drive in the fall. A friend has one and is very happy. Actually I'd like the Accord, but it's a little too big for my garage.

blfenton, sounds like you got a bad Honda. My current car had a lot of issues and repairs in its first few years, but since then it has been fine. I hope yours will be too.

• chessey24
    9 years ago

If you want a good small SUV, I'd highly recommend a Subaru Forester. I've had 2 in the last 10 years (only because the 1st one got smashed by a trash truck) and they are very good. Very highly rated and have gotten MotorTrends top crash rating for a # of years. They are AW, low maintenance and go in rain and snow with good cargo space and fairly comfortable.

• nanny98
    9 years ago

Our 9 year old CRv has been a workhorse for us and has traveled as our 'toad' behind our motor home everywhere. I want an Acord as our next car (non-towing) and can tell you that we have had Hondas since 1976 and have never had a problem. Having said that... don't think I like that rear window either....one of the reasons our 'toad' is still following us all over. And, yes, Consumers Reports has found some faults lately with the brand, and we are keeping that in mind.

Our cars are getting old (like us) and our garage is castle to a 2000 Ford Excursion with very low miles as well as or aging CRv.

• YogaLady1948
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cheesy, my DH has been leaning a bit towards the Subaru Forester~~~we tried one when we bought our Odyssey, the back seat was so uncomfortable~~but the new reviews have been great so it is in the running. I want to look at a Highlander also, but it maybe be too big~~I want DH to give me his Pilot and then he can get a truck or whatever he wants;)

• mare_wbpa
    9 years ago

I've had my CR-V for a year. No problems. I don't think that there is a problem with rear visability, I think that the rear window is large enough, as are the side mirrors. With the rear camera, and rear view mirror and side mirrors I find that all over visability is not a problem. It's very comfortable, and the engine is so quiet and smooth you barely can tell that it's running. Whenever I see reviews about most reliable cars and cars that hold their value, the CR-V is usually on the list. I'm happy with my choice.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

We have two CRV's.....just bought our second one and the other one is two years old. I love them and we have had no problems. I haven't noticed a difference in rear visibility. I do think they are a teensier bit noisier than other cars we've had, but with the radio on I really don't notice it...or I've just gotten used to it.

We have a 2005 Dodge Caravan that DH was driving and it stalled on him one day (I think it was just a fluke), but DH now has a bit of a commute and was afraid of breaking down on the highway. When he suggested getting another car I said "why not just get another CRV...we both like them and we won't have to waste time shopping for something else, test drive, etc."

• MiMi
    9 years ago

My CR-V is a 2008 model. I do not notice any blinds spots. I have never had a single problem with this vehicle and I love it. The newer model could have blinds spots but for those of you that this is a problem, in the automotive section at Walmart and other stores they have small round stick on mirrors. You stick them on your side view mirrors on the outside bottom corner to help see cars in the blind spot.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I had thought of buying a CRV but I test drove it and found it too noisy so then I went to test the Nissan Rogue which gets great reviews and great mileage and I was sold, got all the bells and whistles and sooo comfy.

• sjerin
    9 years ago

I have a 2010 model and pretty much love it. I think I caused undo concern over air in the back seat because I am thinking about dd's dog staying cool on our trip. The car is definitely small enough that I don't see it as a problem; the vents can be aimed towards the rear and no one in the back has ever complained that it is too warm. I chose this car because I have a bad back and didn't want to have to bend to get in and out of a car. Honda's back seat was far more comfortable than Toyota's RAV4. I haven't really had a scare with the blind spot but keep meaning to put the little mirror (above) on my driver's side mirror. I do see the newer model seems to have a smaller back window, so a test drive will probably give you a feel as to whether you are uncomfortable with sight views or not.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz