Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you remember to fly your flag today?

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 17:13

I used to be the only one in the neighborhood who flew the flag. Then came 9/11 and several other neighbors flew a flag. I wore out 2 flags over the next two years.

Today I have our flag our for the 4th, and the only other neighbors who fly the flag on our block are from England!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you remember to fly your flag today?

Oh yes! We have a big one on the flag pole in the front yard and one hanging on the diagonal on our side porch post.

I love to see our flag aflyin!

Happy 4th, sheila!

nola anne

o

Yep! Mine flies every day - my son is in the army.

o

We fly ours every day, too.

o

We fly ours every day and so does our next-door neighbor. Several others on our street are flying today.

o

Yep! We had a flagpole installed a few weeks ago, finally! Need a breeze, but it's still pretty.

o

Mine has been up for a couple of weeks. My flag is getting faded. I purchased it in the spring of 2001 and flew it every day after 9/11 for about a year or so.

o

We fly ours every day along with the Texas flag, and yes, they are both lit properly at night.

o

A big salute to terilyn,,,

As a vet, and one who was taught the proper respect for how to fly the flag, there is nothing I hate worse than to see a flag on top of the pole on a dark night.

Properly a flag should be flown from sunup till sundown..and it may only be flown after sundown if it is illuminated.

o

mine is out from may to july then go to summer colors...then back up for labor day...

o

Ours is up every day of the year and down at night (no light on it, that's the only reason, I guess.)

NICE PHOTO, flamingo!

Looks a lot like ours in our front yard...we love to see it 'blowin' in the wind' as we come and go.

Thanks for sharing all!

nola anne

o

I found the cutest solar light stakes in the shape of small flags at RKO this year. I also bought two for my aunt. The solar light even lit up being quite near my porch hung with bunting and with the porch light on.

o

We fly the flag daily and have been doing so for about 30 years. At a previous home, the flag pole was in the front yard and I raised the flag at dawn and took it in before dark. Our flag now is on a porch post and is lit at night.

o

I didn't know that flags should be taken down at sunset, unless lit. Thanks for the lesson in flag etiquette.

Beautiful flag Flamingo.

KayJones, hugs to your son.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here