Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 17:12

Tonight we're having the Red Lobster shrimp quiche that Glenda posted a while ago. Also a spinach salad with mushroom, onions and hard-boiled eggs. We'll have the balsamic vinegar/oil dressing I made with it. We love that quiche.

Speaking of Glenda, she should be back tonight or tomorrow, right? It'll be good to "see" her again.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

I made some white gazpacho today. We will have that with egg salad on pumpernickel bread. Yum!

Can't wait to hear about Glenda's trip.

o

Shrimp quiche sounds good, Patti.

We had a daisy ham from a small, local smokehouse with macaroni and tuna salad and marinated cucumbers and onions. Have to say the ham is really something special. We've bought their kielbasa, sausage and bacon before, but this is the first time for a ham.

o

It doesn't seem possible that it's already time for Glenda to be getting home.

I had Texas Beans, ear of corn, and a slice of fresh homemade whole wheat bread w/butter and jam.

We've had one of those afternoons with one after the other storms. Thank God, only one was even close to being severe. I think today will help bring us up out of a deficit.

Shirley

o

Georgysmom, have you made white gazpacho before? Curious what it tastes like. Nothing much better than egg salad, especially on pumpernickel. Man, that's a nice dinner!

Tobygirl, the ham made me wonder if the company that makes our favorite smoked sausage also does hams, etc. If the ham would be half as good as the smoked sausage, it would be worth a trip over there. I haven't had as many cucumbers as I'd like this summer. I'll have to get some.

Shirley, it seems to me like Glenda's been gone forever. Time probably flew by for her. I know she's having a heavenly time with PJR. I hope your storms are over. They sure have been wicked up north. Geez, all your healthy eating is giving me a complex :-)

o

Tuna salad!

I am leaving on Tuesday for a two-week vacation in Maine and Cape Cod.
Sooo, I've been cleaning out the fridge by using up the perishables as well as some things from the pantry. It has been fun to be creative, using only "in-house" ingredients.

o

I may eat fairly healthy, but my cravings aren't.... ;*) For some reason, ever since I ate, I've been wanting a chocolate malted. If I wasn't so tired and lazy right now, I'd go to DQ's drive-thru and get whatever comes closest to one.

Shirley

o

Hubby and I made an impromptu trip to a small village north of us. On the way home we stopped at a couple of farm stands and bought some corn on the cob, a basket of red and white new potatoes, some green and yellow beans, some tomatoes and a couple cloves of garlic.

It was all more expensive than we would have liked (the corn was $3 for 6 cobs (she gave me 7), but it sure is fresh and sweet. The garlic was $1 per head.

I'm most excited about the basil!!!! There was a bushel basket stuffed of huge stems of basil. I've never seen them so big. They had roots on them, and you could buy a 'clump' of basil, rooted for $2. Oh my heavens the smell of basil in the car all the way home. I took some leaves off then ran out to plant it in my garden. If it takes, and I sure hope it does, that's the cheapest basil plant I've ever seen.

Sooooooo dinner was the chicken recipe I posted on the recipe thread (Sticky chicken)....a keeper; with potatoes, corn on the cob (micro'ed in the husk), sliced tomatoes. Basil sprinkled on everything :)

o

Just corn on the cob....microwaved in their husks, too. When I have that first corn, I don't want to have anything else.

o

Just corn on the cob....microwaved in their husks, too. When I have that first corn, I don't want to have anything else.

o

Hounds x two, I envy you your vacation. Only been to Maine once, we were in Portland, but it's a beautiful state and the food is beyond excellent. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Gadgets, if I lived closer I'd go with you and get a chocolate-covered cherry blizzard (if they still have them). That sure does sound good.

That was a fun trip, Jasdip! I love to smell basil, too. You found lots of goodies on that trip home!

Phyllis, I'm the same way. Just give me corn, butter and s&p and I'm a happy camper. But only if it's really fresh.

o

ham and cheese sandwich I had made for us from the deli on the ship, and an awesome chocolate muffin!

waddle waddle waddle waddle

o

Yes, Patti, I have made it many times. It's an old, old recipe. Basically it's a cucumber soup with garnishes of chopped tomato, chopped green onion and toasted almonds. It's very refreshing in the summer.

Welcome home Glenda. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see some pictures.

o

Today we had a family get together. It was also our son's 43rd birthday. He is visiting from the Philippines for a week.

We had baked potatoes in foil on the grill, steaks, broccoli salad, tossed salad, corn on the cob, birthday cake and ice cream.

Everyone had a great time and there are very few leftovers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here