Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Wednesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 17:06

Our daily summer rain is over and now it's just hot and steamy. I found the other half of the sub we had Saturday night in the fridge, so we're having that. It smells okay, so I hope we don't get sick. We have salad leftover from last night--tons and tons of it--and lots of fruit, too.

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Wednesday?

A couple of weeks ago a friend dropped by with a yellow and a green zucchini. He told me to work my magic and make something delicious with them. That's when I made my chocolate-zucchini cake, and shared it with him.

A couple of days ago, a knock on the door, and there he is again, with 2 more.

So, I cut them in slivers, along with slivered carrots and onions, roasted them, and had pasta primavera.
The rest of the rhubarb cake that I had in the frig for dessert. I can take or leave it, as it's a sweet cake, so I had a small piece. There is some watermelon that I'll have a bit later.

o

I made ham, potatoes and fresh green beans. That was enough for me.

I cooked part of the beans alone so I can freeze them in individual packages for the future.

We've had one full day with decent weather, warm but not humid. Had the windows open a lot of the day. Unfortunately, this will only last today.

Shirley/Ohio

o

I am too warm to eat much this evening, I just had a banana and a pint of milk. The beans and corn for a late crop are planted. Some of the green beans are picked to work on tomorrow.

Sue

o

Uh, Jas? I think he was hinting for another cake. :-) Your pasta sounds just as good to me, though.

Shirley, my mother used to make a big pot of green beans, potatoes and bits of ham. The kitchen would smell so good and as children, we could hardly wait for dinner.

o

Bobby and Amber are coming back for dinner. Amber is babysitting a 4 year old and his favorite is spaghetti so that is what we will have. Also a salad and garlic bread. This little guys dad is in Afghanistan and his mom had to go away for two days with her job. He is so sweet and very chatty.

We will all go swimming after dinner, we had fun last night just relaxing in the pool.

o

Bobby and Amber are coming back for dinner. Amber is babysitting a 4 year old and his favorite is spaghetti so that is what we will have. Also a salad and garlic bread. This little guys dad is in Afghanistan and his mom had to go away for two days with her job. He is so sweet and very chatty.

We will all go swimming after dinner, we had fun last night just relaxing in the pool.

o

roast beast sandwich and cheese doodles

o

BLT's with sauted onions on Whole Wheat toast, with macaroni salad on the side.

o

Nita, I thought maybe Bobby would miss your cooking--now I KNOW he does. It's always nice to have a little one around, too. Enjoy!

Jeaninwa, scoot over a little, I'm inviting myself to your dinner :0

Azzalea, I bet you have a great big smile on your face about now after that treat. Bacon rocks!

o

We had left over chicken piccata, angel hair pasta with marinara and a tossed salad. Might have a dish of fruit later.

o

I had three ears of sweet corn and a plate of fried green tomatoes, three cookies for dessert.

o

we tried a new to us johnsonville braut patties...not bad, easier to cook than the traditional, and fit so nicely on a burger bun...downside? a wee bit "rubbery"...i cooked them slowly (in my non stick pan) since they were frozen...prehaps next time i'll thaw then cook? one thing they didn't seem as greasy as the weiner shaped ones...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here