Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 17:02

I've been playing in the kitchen today. This morning, I made Georysmom's white gazpacho. The whole kitchen smelled like the most wonderful garlic/cucmber combination for a while. Then I decided we "needed" dessert, so I made a pavolova that will be filled with whipped cream and macerated fresh raspberries. I have some large croissants that I'll split in half and spread with a butter/garlic/mozzarella mixture and stick under the broiler for a minute or two.

I want to thank you all again for all the great ideas and recipes you share. And Harry thanks you most of all :-)

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

Sniff sniff sniffing your kitchin!

I must try that white gazpacho.

Huge storm here all night and most of the morning. Was like it was just sitting on top of my area.

Finally cleared after noon, and ventured out for 2 soft tacos. Still not really hungry.

o

Today was shopping day with Amber and Alyssa. We had lunch at Bob Evan's. I got the all you can eat, soup, salad, and bread. I had a bowl of the vegetable soup and ate the salad and one roll. I had two rolls left and also got a bowl of chicken noodle and brought that home. I gave them to Amber for Alyssa as she loves chicken and noodles. My supper was a cheese omelet, with onions, and yellow sweet peppers. Whole wheat toast and iced tea. It was very hot here this afternoon.

Sue

o

Gosh, you're all talking dinner and I'm not even thinking about it. I had a huge salad after golf today. I will probably join you Patti and have a cup of the white gazpacho. I have a lot of meat left over from the shish kabob last night. DH can have that and the leftover rice and corn. I hope you enjoy the soup. Dottie

o

We had that Bulgogi I marinated yesterday, along with grilled pineapple, rice, and green peppers. Don't make it often, since you have to plan ahead, and it makes SO much, so it WAS a treat. Sent some to some of the neighbors, and have a couple of meals worth in the freezer now

o

Gosh, so many of you have such 'exotic' sounding food. Much of it I've never heard of before. But if I lived close enough, I'd be willing to try them.

I make a reuben meatloaf recipe into mini-loaves. Had that along with a potato and leftover mac/cheese.

Shirley

o

Tonight we are having ribs, steamed rice, green beans and salad.

We have been real lazy today, well I have. Mike and Shannon washed half the motor home and will do the other half tomorrow. Considering it is 40' long and about 13' tall it takes some time to wash. It was hot outside and humid so I don't mind that they spread it out. At least I was in a nice air-conditioned house. LOL

o

Went downtown for groceries and while there bought supper at the deli to bring home - veggie pasta salad, a meatloaf sandwich, and some tapioca pudding. How's that for a combo? I hadn't eaten since 9am, so I was hungry.

o

We don't typically have hamburgers, but that is what's on the menu for tonight. Most likely just a salad with it, but I am thinking about fixing those zucchini pancakes as well. We are now having Boysenberries (enough for the neighborhood) for desert while the Raspberries work on their second crop.

o

Glenda, I guess tacos pale in comparison with the food you were having last week at this time. Wish we'd get some of your rain.

Sue, I always read the temperatures for different cities in the morning paper. I noticed today our high would be 89 and Indianapolis' 95. You've had a lot of heat this summer. I don't remember it ever being really hot up there.

Azzalea, that sounds good--and I couldn't eat another bite if I wanted to. The grilled pineapple was perfect with the bulgogi. I'll post my recipe tomorrow on "I'll share my recipes" post. If you post yours, we can compare.

Dottie, I'm so used to calling you Georgysmom, I forget you have another name LOL!! The gazpacho was excellent. I forgot the chopped the parsley, but I'll try to remember that tomorrow. That sure makes a lot of soup!!

Shirley, you would like the white gazpacho. You could probably cut the recipe in half. I wish you did live close. Almost everything I cook makes too much. Right now I can't get another thing in either of the freezers in the refrigerators. Full of leftovers.

It's nice for Mike to have some help doing things like that, especially a nice, tall son! And if you're smart, stay in that A/C house. ;-) Enjoy the ribs--yum!

o

Made a quick meat-spaghetti sauce and had spaghetti for dinner. We went to see a friend of ours play "swing-bowling." We had never heard of it, and we took pics which I'm hoping to post tomorrow.

The other day we had a coupon for a 2-for-1 Peanut Buster Parfait at DQ. We were so disappointed; very few peanuts and we love the peanuts. So we bought some unsalted Virginia peanuts at the Bulk Barn and made our own tonite. Much better!

o

Love being called Georgysmom. Yes, it makes a lot. I think it could be halved very easily. The tomatoes, onions and almonds are more important than the parsley, I think. I also think you can freeze it. I think I shall do that myself.

o

Made this recipe that Glenda posted a couple of years ago, but used shrimp, salmon and scallops. DH was in heaven!

Linguine with shrimp scampi (it's an Ina Garten recipe, and EASY) Do not skimp on the garlic :o)

Vegetable oil
Kosher salt
3/4 pound linguine
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves **used dried
1/2 lemon, zest grated
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.

Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt,***used less, lot less, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. lEMON SLICES are for appearance.

When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.

o

Angela, IMO you can't go wrong with any of Ina's recipes.
I love her!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here