Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 16:48

I think there will be fireworks in town tonight but we won't be going. Our complex will have fireworks Wednesday after an afternoon of arts and crafts, food and drink, salute to our troops with a flyover and three parachutists--the last one descending with the flag. We may go to that. Food, booze and men falling from the sky. What's not to like?

We're having ribs tonight, with roasted potatoes and corn on the cob. Made a strawberry pie for dessert.

What have you been doing today? And what's for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Roly Poly, which is getting to be my regulard Sunday meal: #38 Hickory Cristo

Smoked Turkey Breast, Melted Brie & Swiss Cheese, Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomato, Grilled Golden Brown with a Side of Fresh Dill Horseradish Sauce

They left off the spinach, duh, and I told them but all I got was "sorry".

o

I've got chicken on the stove to turn into Fajitas.
Lots of fried peppers and onions, and the salsa is a corn and black bean, so it should taste good.

A lettuce salad on the side, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

o

Glenda, your #38 sounds really good. A meal all in itself. I would've liked the spinach, too. The sauce sounds to die for!

Jas, can I come up for dinner? I know it will taste even better than it sounds. Lucky DH!!

o

We're done and he was mmmmmm'ing all the way through.

o

I bet he was, Jas!

o

Every meal posted above me sounds wonderful. I had spaghetti w/bread/butter.

Shirley

o

Jas..I'm getting ready to make chicken fajitas too!

o

Pizza tonight!

o

Today was our church dinner and it was very good as usual. I came home and took a nap and then shortly after I got up, I was invited to ride along with Amber, Mike and Alyssa so he could pick up his truck from work. However first we stopped at the Chinese place and ate. I was not really hungry when we went in, but ate some. Sure would have enjoyed it more if I had been hungry. Never eat pie before going out to eat is all I can say! :)

Sue

o

Shirley, anything's good with bread and butter. Especially pasta.

Jeaninwa, great minds think alike--you and Jasdip!

Raven, I forgot to tell you last night (well, I didn't forget, I went to bed early), but the Italian sausage/hash brown dish I copied from you was delicious. Harry really liked it and I think there's enough left over for tomorrow night. Thanks!

Sue--you know the old saying, always eat dessert first. I know your church lunches always sound so good, so I understand why you weren't hungry.

o

Tonight Was our small town picnic. It was too hot outside so we had it in the airconditioned fire hall. We had hamburgers and brat burgers that the businesses furnish and then everyone else brought salads and desserts and chips. We had lemonade or ice tea to drink. It was all very good. Nice talking to a lot of the people. In a town of 50 we had a good turnout.

o

We are in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Mike's aunt invited us to her house for dinner. Her kids, grands and ggrand were there. We had a lot of fun visiting with them.

Pulled beef on rolls, potato salad, chips, watermellon, baked beans, brownies and cookies for dessert. I had about 7 pounds of cherries that I brought them.

We are headed to Banff, Canada in the morning. We will be there for 5 days.

o

Patti I am glad you both enjoyed it, my husband asked me if we could buy the stuff to make it again this week so we did lol.

o

We also had Chicken Fajitas! All of your meals sound great!

o

We had braised rabbit in mustard sauce. It was AWESOME. I could have drank that sauce like soup, and the rabbit was so tender and flavourful. I had gotten two (domestic farmed) rabbits at the market and tossed them in the freezer.

Easy to make too. The house smelled so good! We ate it with mashed potatoes, but they were new crop potatoes and if I had my way I would have just boiled them and added butter and parsley. It seemed a waste to mash them, but DH and DD don't like "lumpy potatoes with green stuff".

Dances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here