Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for Dinner ... Tuesday?

Posted by gadgets (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 16:35

It's rained and/or stormed most of the day here in Ohio. The sun is out right now.

My meal tonight will be red beans and brown rice. Will have a turkey burger without any bread.... will top it with some things like onion.

So what's going on your table for your main dining today?

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for Dinner ... Tuesday?

I think since shopping all day I will just have a bowl of cereal. Lunch was a big roast beef sandwich on a Hawaiian bun from Arby's. Pretty good.

Only had rain first thing this morning and then the sun came out. It has been breezy though.

Sue

o

It poured all day today.....all the way to the dr appt, and all the way home. Because of the good news (no cancer at this point) we had lunch out to celebrate.

I had pork souvlaki dinner and hubby had a club sandwich.

I had to laugh, hubby wore a new golf shirt today and he now calls it his "lucky shirt". Now we just need to hear from the opthamologist and the starts will be aligned fully. :)

o

Cloudy all day but only a shower just before supper. An hours hike this morning and this afternoon I mowed the lawn (that took an hour too). I found a junco's nest in the grass by the side of the house - thankfully I don't use a trimmer or I would have killed them! 4 cute baby birdies in the nest.

Supper was a green salad with baby romaine, mushrooms, celery, grapes, chicken and feta.

o

It's storming here now... dinner will be homemade Mexican: Spanish rice, bean burritos, pico de gallo, etc.

o

10 minute morning rain, then got sunny & warm. Too windy for happy hour in the sand, so picked up an item after work and stopped to get a mcD's 49¢ ice cream cone. Got home, mowed the lawn while still sunny. Been munching p-nuts, cheese and radishes. One more beverage, then polish off the ribs & rum cake. Find something to snack later.

o

Watermelon, probably. Had a luncheon golf meeting this afternoon and am not really hungry. I'm still gathering stuff for my golf overnighter. We leave at 8:00 tomorrow morning…..7 lady friends and me. Golf tomorrow and Thursday, returning home after a late lunch so probably won't want dinner tomorrow night either. Good thing DH is on a diet and wants to fix his own meals!

o

So glad you found the nest and babies, casey. That sure does seem like a precarious nesting site, doesn't it?

Jasdip, your post made me chuckle. Years ago, when I had a dog, ANY 'procedure' required an immediate treat. A bath, a tiny trim of her bangs, a mere glimpse into her ears, no matter how small the procedure, she would go bounding into the kitchen for a baby carrot.

Today, Robert and I always take ourselves out for a meal after any of our 'procedures', too.

I'm going to pull together a big salad and top it with our left over salmon. I've got mixed spring greens, baby spinach, cukes, baby zucchini, rat's tail radish, tomatoes, scallions, and toasted sesame seeds.

o

Awww rhizo, a baby carrot! How cute.
We have to do that with Smudge our Maine Coon. The other 2 cats loved being brushed......they will each crawl under the brush as the other is being brushed!

Smudge just tolerates it, and we give him treats. The other two think that the brushing IS a treat! LOL

Casey, how cute, the baby birds and nest. Didja take a pic for tomorrow's thread?

o

Leftover roast pork was used to make fajitas; brown rice and freshly picked corn on the cob.

o

It was hot and sunny here today - my kind of weather! We're having a buffalo grilled chicken salad tonight.

jasdip, I wish Magic liked to be brushed. He doesn't even tolerate it well.

o

Sue: I'll have to try that sandwich. I get the regular roast beef. What's your favorite cereal?

Jasdip: So glad for your good news. I had to look up your dinner. Pictures look great. (pork souvlaki)

Casey: I like adding fruits to my salads too. Never would have thought I would till I tried it.

Party: I haven't made Spanish rice in ages. Will have to make a note to try it again. Do you have a recipe to share?

Old Fixer: I take it you're somewhat of a grazer/snacker. I've been on a radish "kick" lately.

Georgysmom: Watermelon is so refreshing, especially when you're not hungry. (How's he doing on his diet?)

Rhizo: Wish I had trained me to use a carrot as a treat, instead of ...... LOL. Your salad sounds so good. I might have to make some salmon just to use it for that.

Jim: I'd have liked to join you at your table. All sounds good.

Kittiemom: I had to look up your buffalo grilled chicken salad and I'd like to have a taste sometime.

Shirley

o

Shirley, "Wish I had trained me to use a carrot as a treat, instead of ..... " made me burst out laughing! You're so cute!

o

Sorry I don't have a recipe, gadgets. My BF makes the Spanish rice.

o

Lol, that silly dog probably would have preferred a biscuit, but I convinced her that carrots were the best thing EVER!

o

Lol, that silly dog probably would have preferred a biscuit, but I convinced her that carrots were the best thing EVER!

o

It was date night so we had sushi....YUM YUM

o

I'm a very infrequent poster, but I'm joining in anyway. Lol. I fixed steaks, corn on the cob and soft fried potatoes. And homemade banana ice cream for dessert. Not healthy, but it was all yummy!

o

I made Orzo with snap peas, yellow squash, and a tomato all from our garden, in a light garlic parmesan sauce.

o

Shrimp and watermelon salad.
A great, light hot weather meal.

o

jen1879: Welcome to the dinner thread. I hope you post often.

Shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here