Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spider lily ????

Posted by jannaz (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 16:23

Hi, all. I posted this on the lily forum, but I'll ask over here as well, since that forum seems less active than here, and I'll bet someone here can help.

I am a total rookie/ignoramus when it comes to flowers of any sort.

Several years ago I brought home a beautiful white potted lilie which I believe is a spider lilie or Peruvian daffodil. I was told it would bloom once, maybe twice, and never bloom again. So when the first bloom withered, I transplanted it outside and basicly ignored it. Its home is close to the garden hose faucet, where it gets water on an irregular basis. After about 3 years of neglect, it bloomed again. Then about three years after that, which is now, it bloomed again--5 blossoms.

Now, those blossoms appear to be producing babies! Bulbs, I guess, rather than seed pods. My question is, what should I do with the babies to possbly get new plants?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Jann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spider lily ????

Lilies grow from bulbs you can divide the bulbs split off the ones the new babies are growing from.

I also posted recently about a method to start new lilies from the leaves, search for that post here.
If you want a definite id post a picture over on the name that plant forum they are awesome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here