Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This really ticks us off......packaging

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 16:22

I don't think this will be TMI but after Hubby got his prostate removed, one of the side-effects is incontinence.

So he's been wearing Men's Depends daily, nite and day.
They've always come in packages of 18 for $17.99.

WELL! They's shrunk the packaging to 12 for $17.99. 30% less.....that's a big difference!!

We've talked about getting less for the same price, vs raising the price but still......!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This really ticks us off......packaging

That is a large difference. I'm ticked for you and others who buy that product.

o

That's a shame. With some of these things, we're getting less quantity (just noticed this morning a small bag of snack crackers that I've been buying is 1 1/4 oz less than it used to be) but in things we want but could go without, and this is something needed.

Do you have access to Costco or know someone who does? My girlfriend has bought them for her mother there, $52.99 for 80 or 67 cents each. Much cheaper than our local stores.

o

I really wish they would just raise the prices instead of reduce the quantity.

o

Add toilet paper rolls that are narrower, our newspaper also, holding it makes me feel like I have giant hands!

o

It costs a huge price and up here they and other protection costs from 14-16 depending on sizes $26.99 so that is cheap.

o

Morz, we're sure going to look, next time we're in Costco!
I hope they haven't shrunk those packages as well, but maybe they put more packages in a bundle.

o

Good luck finding coupons & sales. For your medical statement, the procedure can also include "nerve sparing surgery" as an attempt to keep things normal.

o

I have to buy these for my mother. I usually go to CVS and buy the store brand. Cheaper. Last week they were BOGO.

o

I was complaining about something similar this morning. One of my coworkers was re-doing the candy shelves. I noticed the "family sized" bags of M&M's. They're now the same size that the single serve bag used to be 15 years ago. Only back then the single size bag was 75 cents. Now it's 3.99! I don't eat M&M's anymore. Also, bacon has shrunk 30% and the price is the same. Most things are going up. Our 500ml milk is now 473ml.

o

Jasdip did the doc explain that the incontinence should stop. He has to retrain his system to work. My husband's friend had it done and he quit wearing them. My husband was going to have his prostate removed when he got the cancer and at the last minute the doc asked if my husband had a memory problem. He had AZ and doc said no you won't be able to retrain. My husband did treatment instead.

o

Emma, when he first got his catheter out, he couldn't feel his bladder to know that it was full. He's been doing kevlar (sp) exercises and his bladder is working. He only needs to get up once late in the nite (around 4:30-5am) to go to the bathroom.

I've encouraged him to not wear the Depends when he's around the house and not going anywhere, but he's reluctant, but I'll work on him some more :)

o

Ha, kevlar is for bulletproof vests.

I think you mean Kegel exercises. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

o

Thanks Snidely. I knew it wasn't the right word, and I knew someone would correct me!

o

Sam's Club also has their own brand called Member's Mark that I used to buy for my father. Also, when my dad initially had some leakage issues and didn't want to use Depends yet, I introduced him to the mini/maxi pad world fitted into his tighty whiteys. Hope this isn't TMI.

o

Saw your brand in an ad today. Pkg 15-21 for $11.99.

o

We went to Costco today and picked up 4 pkg of 20 for $50.

We decided we'd better get some there before they started stocking the smaller packages of 12.

o

I've noticed that with so many products the last few years. Often they change the packaging a bit so you won't notice the difference in the amount, but how in the world do they get by with that big of a change!? There's no way their cost could have gone up that much.
I'm glad you found a better deal at Costco.

o

actually they very well might have..look at areas that grow cotton..California being one, and the horrible droughts...less natural product can add up....

o

I guess with all the rain the Midwest has been getting, I didnt think about that susan.
The sad thing is, they more than likely won't lower the prices when the crops are plentiful again.

o

They've been shrinking everything: yogurt, cookies, candy.

Also, in one/some? stores, 5% cream has been 30 cents more than 10% cream, on several occasions ... and the other day it was 40 cents more.

Go figure.

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here