Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find a really nice lamp shade or two

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 16:14

I need lamp shades for some lamps, but I don't find any really nice ones at the lamp stores. Where do you find good lammpshades???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find a really nice lamp shade or two

Penneys used to carry a nice line of shades, but that was some years ago. Good luck!

o

Target has some nice ones.

o

Lowe's usually has nice lamp shades. One of my favorite lamp shades came from Target a few years ago, so I second that suggestion, also!

o

Menards and maybe Home Depot etc could carry some.

o

The Christmas Tree Shop has a nice selection.

o

Lowes, garden ridge, lighting stores, walmart.

o

Perfect lamp shades are hard to find. I have had my best luck at a small lamp shop where I can take my lamp and "try-on" shades. The staff is wonderful, and helps with harps and finials, too! Maybe you haven't found the right lamp shop. I can recommend one in Texas!

Other thoughts...
Check estate sales
Consult an Interior Designer

Good luck!

o

I did find mix and match lamps and shades, decorative finials, at Lowe's a few years ago....nothing really, really special but nice.

My very favorite place - Lamplighters Lamp Shades on E Burnside in Portland Oregon, only it's 2 1/4 hours away, and any time I'm down there I'm too busy with family to shop. I bought a gorgeous silk shade there a few years ago and haven't been able to get back...

I just ordered two from here this week, needed the close-to-wall shape....I'll let you know if I'm pleased...

Here is a link that might be useful: Shades of Light

o
RE: PS - Where to find a really nice lamp shade or two

If you were interested, my lamp shades from Shades of Light came today and I'm quite happy with them. A good weight quality shantung silk - the lining may not be silk but that's OK, it was the lining that disintegrated in the old shades I was replacing. These have a same color braid trim that's applied to look seamless, no overlaps or glue but sewn, very well done.

I'd buy from them again. Their packaging was flawless (came FedEx, took 8 days from order date), but method used prohibited sending two shades same box, the shades are individually boxed and sort of suspended by heavy cardboard 'framing' inside - which meant I did have to pay shipping for two packages needing two identical shades, but that's OK...really needed these and shape had been difficult for me to find.

o

BB&B has some shades, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here