Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
103 right now

Posted by katlan (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 16:03

Unfortunately for us, our house faces west, so we get the blazing hot afternoon sun right in our livingroom. I took this pic about 10 minutes ago, on my front porch. The thermometer is in the shade!

Boo hiss. This is awful, my heart goes out to all those people who have no electricity or A/C right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 103 right now

Yup....we're on day I-forget-how-many-over-100. Last night at 9:30, it was still 93.

and we haven't had a drop of rain since 6/10.

o

Our temperature has started going down, living in the woods, the late sun doesn't hit us like it would otherwise. It is now 95.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

I am so grateful for electricity and AC. So sorry for all those without. A number of years ago we lost power for at least a week during an ice storm. It was a difficult time, but even then we knew it wasn't as bad as the outages in the summer. We didn't have a generator, but had a wood fireplace, gas grills and hot water.

o

99 here now. Tomorrow 104. My daughter and I had this argument. I would rather be w/o power in the winter than the summer. She was one winter for four days. But I have a woodstove ,gas everything and am on city water.

o

I'm with you Lily. If I had to choose, I would take winter with no power. We also have a woodburner, and propane heaters in the "toy box" (where DH has all his "toys", motorcycles, tools, boat)

o

Too darned hot, that's for sure.

o

86 10:15 PM
Bedroom window unit cooling down to 61 for good sleeping.

Nite

o

Been hot all over. Can't understand people that like this stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take -10° any day over this 100°/80° dewpoint stuff. My a/c died and been without it about a week. Got a new one in night before last.

Cold front came through tonight. Got a little rain and the temps dropped from over 100°F to under 70° in a couple of hours. Of course I was out at the store and hauled the stuff in during the hot part... (heavy sigh) Oh well, windows are open and I'm enjoying the fresh air. Should be more seasonable the next week or so.

People worry about themselves, but don't forget the damage this has done to the crops (and of course the farmers). If you don't care about them, that's fine, but you'll likely see the results at the checkout counter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here