Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use Quest Diagnostics for routine lab tests?

Posted by monica_pa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 15:52

I do, and they developed an app for smartphones, where you can request copies of results of simple things like blood work.
Originally, they came 2 days after being sent to Dr, but now, it's taking a week and several emails to get them.

Anyone else have this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use Quest Diagnostics for routine lab tests?

Yes, the app is VERY slow; for me, it always has been. I usually just call my doc and have him read me the reports (He's happy to do that for me...).

o

I have and my rheumatologist hates them. Don't use the app, but it takes them days to send the reports.

I always request a copy be faxed to me, but they usually don't, so the MD's office sends me one.

I now have my blood draws done at the MD's office and we have no problems.

o

We use Quest but I hate adding any more apps to my phone so I just wait until they mail them - my doctor will fax them over too if need be.

o

With our health insurance we can go to Quest or to any Sutter Medical lab. We always go to Sutter because we can get our results online. They're posted online as soon as the tests have been completed. In addition to bloodwork results online, we can get the results of mammograms, any other X-rays, colonoscopies, etc, etc.

o

Is this the company that sends out notices to have your labs done when they are in your area? I don't recognize the name.

o

No- they're an established company that many insurance companies require their customers to use.

o

Years ago we used Quest -- not since our hospital group has taken over most aspects of health care. There are now four or five hospital groups in the Chicago area that own *everything*.

There was a long battle over which group would acquire our local independent hospital with its' well-insured population. There are very few independent physicians' practices now. The group that nabbed my internist's practice just gobbled up my GYN's group too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here