SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

? for Crafty Folks; 20 granite tiles; WWYD?

caroline94535
9 years ago

We removed the ancient carpet from the living room and found 1-1/4 inch solid oak flooring to match the hall and two "bed" rooms - sewing/ladies' room and den/office.

A former owner had cut a 4'x5' square out of the wood flooring in front of the door. They slapped down 20 granite tiles and called the job good. I call it "not good." Even as I type, a flooring man is here to repair the void then sand and finish the entire room.

But, I digress. What would you do in the yard/garden/crafty spots with 20 square granite tiles?

At first I thought "stepping stones," but these babies are slick. The backs of the tiles are rougher, like a "honed" finish, but I don't want to scape and clean grout off of 20 tiles.

Here's the only photo I have of the tiles right now. They are a dark purply-brown with a yellow-goldish streaking. Not very descriptive, but my brain is tired today. Trying to coordinate a plumber, electrician, and general carpenter to install the long-awaited AIR-CONDITIONER!!!, heat-pump, back up furnace, all new duct work, etc. has me on my last nerve. For the cherry on top; the flooring man could only come this week, so add him to the fray.

Wes and Harry removing the tiles. (The door and frames will be replaced, too.)

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville