Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove?

Posted by nelles (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 15:17

Did anyone watch this on the Hallmark Channel? It was on Saturday night, and is based on the Debbie Macomber book series.

Even though I really don't like Andie McDowell as an actress, I thought I'd give it a try, as I LOVED the books (a series of about 12 books).

I thought the TV show was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! So bad, in fact, that I won't watch any more of the shows.

What did you think?

Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove?

I did not watch it, but was thinking of it~~I like her books also. Now I do not think I will waste by TV watching time on it~~Thanks for the heads up, Ellen.

Jackie

o

I'm just the opposite. Wasn't planning on watching but now I have to to see how bad it really is. LOL What the heck, there's nothing really good on T.V. anyway.

o

Well I watched it and I also did not like it. I too have read all the books in the series. I couldn't wait for the next one to come out. But this show wasn't what I thought it would be. I did like the person who played Jack but wasn't too sure about the actress who played Olivia. I felt that the actors who played the younger characters were just to young looking to me. I guess its just me. I wanted this show to be wonderful as the books were. I love Debbie Macomber. I buy everything she writes. Some are reissues which makes me angry. As I probably have the originals in my basement. Mary

o

I watched it as well. It was ok and I will give it another chance however if Andie McDowell doesn't stop giggling like a school girl (she's playing a judge for crying out loud!) I will stop watching it.

o

You're in luck, georgysmon, as it's being rebroadcast on Hallmark several times this week ;)

Ellen

o

I thought it was just OK.

o

can't remember the other book 10-15 years ago that was soooo bad! it takes a really GOOD script writer to convert a book to a 2 hr movie...lets face it, they are mass producing these movies...lay you odds it was filmed in 6 weeks or less...often the authors have no say, but a healthy check!

o

I watched it, it was enjoyable but kinda draggy. I will watch it next week and see if it gets better. I just loved the scenery.

o

I have read all the books and I was looking forward to watching it, but somehow I just couldn't get interested in it.

o

I liked it but haven't read the books. I agree her giggling was a little annoying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here