SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

Are you kidding me??

My dear next door neighbor has had his son, DIL, and two young grands move in temporarily. I'm not sure that he's thrilled about it, but they seem to be settled in. Of course, they will be coming over later for our big neighbor pot luck picnic.

Just a few minutes ago, Robert and the son carried their picnic table over to our backyard....and I came out to 'supervise'. The DIL came ambling over, only the second time I had seen her, and we were all chatting. Then, she turned to me and said, "By the way, I should probably tell you that I only eat vegan and gluten free food."

I'm sure my mouth dropped open for a second and I looked over at my neighbor, who was sort of standing off behind everybody.....he rolled his eyes, lol.

So I stammered something about how interesting and that I couldn't wait to see what she was bringing! I did tell her that I'd be fixing a veggie platter, lol.

What was so hilariously awkward was that it was obvious that she expected ME to accomodate her special dietary needs at the last minute at a supper where everyone is contributing!

"Are you kidding me?" is what Robert said to me when we got back home, hahaha.

I do hope that she brings something that she can eat. Zucchini sticks, watermelon, and potato chips won't be much of a supper.

Comments (29)