Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are You Cooking In Your Kitchen?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 13:47

I am. I have fixed cucumber salad, coleslaw, cooking the boneless pork loin for barbecue sandwiches tomorrow, baked a chocolate zucchini cake, and am browning up the stuff to make a baked pasta. I plan to fill a pie shell I had baked and bake some cookies. Some will be here tomorrow after church, for lunch. Are you cooking today?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are You Cooking In Your Kitchen?

I will cook quiche for lunch, but dinner is being cooked for me by my sons who are here a week early to celebrate my birthday around vacation plans. One is baking a pie and making sangria. The other is doing fresh fish tacos, something he loves but which I have never tasted.

o

making some hash browns right now, and will have some eggs, over easy with them

o

I made cukes and onions, green beans and made a carrot cake. We are going to a party for our BIL'S birthday this evening. His favorite is carrot cake with the cream cheese icing!! Yum, yum!!

o

Yep... every day!

o

Just using the top of the stove and the microwave. I will cook this evening after I finish canning the figs. I'm making marinated vegetables to have in the fridge for a few days and I will put a turkey breast in the crock pot. I have apples and peaches from our trees that are crying to be made into pies. I wish I had Marilyn Sue here to motivate me!!

o

Just using the top of the stove and the microwave. I will cook this evening after I finish canning the figs. I'm making marinated vegetables to have in the fridge for a few days and I will put a turkey breast in the crock pot. I have apples and peaches from our trees that are crying to be made into pies. I wish I had Marilyn Sue here to motivate me!!

o

Sue, you amaze me. I wish I had half your stamina!

I just took a cherry chocolate chip cake from the oven. Will ice it when it cools. While it was baking I made a pasta salad with some chicken added to it. It is all going to Erie tomorrow for a visit with my sister. My brother and his wife will be there also.

Now, I am all in...probably Digiorno and beer for supper. Hopefully I will find the energy to fix a salad to go with it.

o

I keep telling Sue that I want to move in next door to her. She can either deliver food to me, or pick me up on her big rig and take me to her house. lol

Everything sounds good.

Shirley

o

I made a banana bread this morning and will do a pasta and clam sauce for dinner tonight.

o

yes as it's not quite as hot and breeze...but I did use the oven 2 days ago...I turn on the range top fan, had the window fan on high..and only for 20 minutes...

o

Actually, yes! Have been baking cookies almost all day. Just took the last cookie sheet out of the oven. The kitchen smells sooooo good.

I need to take some to a reception Sunday afternoon, and i want to take some to the Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Center where I volunteer.

I pray that I will stay out of them! Don't tell me to freeze them. Frozen cookies are my favorite kind!

o

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived closer and we could all get together for home cooked meals and visit!

Sue

o

I cook in the kitchen every day. The a/c is on & I can't stay away from the kitchen.

o

Cooking as little as possible. Its too hot and the A/C is running big time. I use the microwave when appropriate. (Others say its really because I'm lazy and wish to minimize the cleanup afterward.)

o

Nope. I don't cook.

I'd happily replace my stove with a vending machine.

o

We had take out burgers last night and pizza tonight~~~I hate to cook~~~we grill alot and I do cook some very little now day;) And I have never been a baker;(

o

Chloecat,that's a great idea!!!!! LOL

o

Chloecat,that's a great idea!!!!! LOL

o

Yes. Yesterday I made bread to go with a chef's salad we were having for dinner. Today, I am baking a scratch yellow cake and will make a cooked fudge frosting to go on top. Will also be skillet cooking Reuben Sandwiches.

We decided to try to eat somewhat light this weekend.

o

Almost every day, the weekends we try to eat out at least once so I can have a respite lol.
I have been using my Aroma cooker a lot though which does not heat the place up at all.
Tonight I think I will make a beef stew in it.

o

Yes. *sigh* We have company for the week. No AC and it's in the 90's here. Spent 7 hours yesterday making Chinese. By request. Shrimp fried rice, egg rolls, egg foo yung and S&S chicken. Barely touched beause they pulled in hours later than expected and it was just too hot to eat a big meal. Hurt my feelings a little bit. Hubby and my Boss, and his family, will take care of the tons of leftovers.

o

Okay I know I'm late to the party, Sue, but tell me about your big-rig. Each time I see a reference to it I'm curious.

jude

o

We made fish tacos tonight. Baked the tilapia and made the sauce out of sour cream, salt, pepper, and cilantro and hot peppers from the garden. I made a capers e salad with fresh mozzarella, farm stand tomatoes and basil from the garden. We love to cook!

o

Jude31, it is a Yamaha golf cart. I use it just about everyday and have so much fun and saves me so many steps. Little granddaughter Alyssa loves to ride on it with us. Mostly we drive it through our woods and out and about to the garden. My husband gave it that name when I first bought it. I have a trailer the kids bought for it and can haul things with it too. I use it every week to haul the cans of trash out to the road as our drive is fairly long. Izzi my red Pomeranian thinks it can't leave the garage with out her riding on it too.

Sue

o

Thanks Sue! I bet you and the kids DO enjoy it and I'm sure I would too. Appreciate you cluing me in.

jude

o

Thanks, Jude and Sue! I have been wondering abut the Rig too.!
Rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here