SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19779803

Does anyone live in Salt Lake?

User
9 years ago

I'm looking for a particular book and page that is supposed to be in the library at the LDS library. Traveling there is out of the question. I have a request in for a copy of that page but just in case I don't get the page I need, does anyone here visit that library on occasion?

Lost in Canada? - Volumes 5-6 - Page 19

books.google.com/books?id=klxbAAAAMAAJ

Joy Reisinger - 1979 - �Snippet view - �More editions
APD Seek anc of Daniel Dimmitt (poss Demott) HARD b'24 Apr 1804 P.E.I. In COOKE Halifax, Mova S when betrothed to Harriet Newell COOKE of Yarmouth, IIova S ca 1838. His fa was hilled in the War of 1812. Harriet Uewell B^AL COOKE b ...

We know that Daniel D. Ward was born 1804 in Prince Edward Island. He married Margaret Full in 1836 in Halifax. She died in 1839 and he married Harriet Newell Cooke soon after. We know he was "of Halifax" in the Cooke genealogy. There is no other information about Daniel and Harriet in that book.
After Daniel and Harriet married they moved about every two years, Canada to U.S. and NY, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri. I think he might have been the first person in the witness protection program. They traveled back to Canada to baptize in the Methodist church any kids born in the U.S. until the last couple that were born in the late 1850's in Missouri. Harriet died in childbirth in Illinois after being "encouraged" to leave Missouri for Daniel's abolitionist views. Daniel gave all the children still at home to others, not relatives. So where were Daniel's family? Why didn't any of Harriet's relatives step up? I've joined forces with 3 other "cousins" and we all have the same questions.

Comment (1)