SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dees_1

30 Day Fitness Challenge - What I Learned

dees_1
9 years ago

I completed the 30 day ab challenge I started June 1. I did skip the last few days (shame on me) but am in the process of making them up. In the meantime, I have started another 30 day challenge.

What I learned from doing this is pretty interesting and I wanted to share.

1. Don't doubt yourself. Even though the numbers looked unattainable, I was able to manage every single exercise. I may have had to break some into smaller sets but I did them all.
2. I need to have written "lists" of what needs to be done every day. It keeps me honest and on track. I'm working on planning out the next 90 days in a similar fashion.
3. Even though I'm getting older, I'm still pretty strong and not so out of shape. I just need to stop doubting myself!
4. I lost 10 pounds and need to lose more. Documenting everything I eat has helped tremendously.
5. Take everything one step at a time. Yeah, I may have had a piece of cheesecake but if I planned for it, I could have it without screwing up everything.
6. You are accountable only to yourself. If you cheat, you're cheating yourself. Treat yourself with respect.

And to all the guys who hooted at me while walking/running, let's go. Come on out with me and let's do 4 miles together. I bet I can manage it better than you!

Comments (7)