Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
See You in September!

Posted by mamatoad (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 13:00

Just to let you know that I won't be posting from Aug. 23 to the middle of September. I am committed to use the time that I normally spend on the computer to actively work on getting off my diabetes meds. I know I'll miss all of you and will have withdrawal pains but I feel very strongly about doing this. God bless each of you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: See You in September!

Will you still be posting here for the next month, until Aug. 23?

I'm happy to hear that your goal is health improvement.

o

BRAVO!

Congratulations for making the decision, Mama. It can be done. I'm a non-medicating diabetic and have been for over ten years. I have such violent reactions to drugs that when I was told that was in the future for me...I knuckled down immediately to counting carbs, eliminating everything "white" in my diet and exercising. At first, it was an extremely taxing way of daily living...always having to account for everything I set before me. Now...it's such a way of life that anything outside of my diet regimen has no appeal to me whatsoever. And I thought I'd never say that about ice cream. ;-)

A couple of helpful suggestions: [1] drink lots of water throughout your day and [2] be sure to get at least seven hours of sleep a night. Although I no longer have to worry about dieting, keeping at an acceptable glucose level is made much easier by following these two suggestions.

So again...BRAVO!

Anne

o

Good luck, and I will remember you in my prayers. We will miss you here!

o

Oops, that should have been July 23 instead of August! Thanks for the good wishes!

o

Good luck!

o

Good Luck. I am a firm believer that we HAVE to take control of our own health and health issues. With the big influx of baby boomers coming up (I'm one of them) I'm afraid that the health system won't be able to take care of us all and so we have to take care of ourselves.

I'm rooting for you. YOU GO!

o

Good luck to you. DH had to go on insulin which for us is easier. But he also has other health issues.

o

Good luck!

o

Wishing you the best of luck Mamatoad... see you in September!

o

That's a wonderful goal to set in front of you, Bettye and I admire you for making this decision! Good luck and we'll be excited to hear how it went for you!

o

Good luck!! (even though it's passed the 23rd!) This was very encouraging to me! I hope you're successful!

o

Besides the diet, exercise and losing weight (if you need to) is important, too. Good luck and I can't wait til you're back, dear!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here