Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Last Ship!

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 12:38

Who is watching this awesome new show? We were hooked on the first pilot episode. The fact that Eric Dane (dr. mcsteamy greys anatomy) is the captain was a bonus. And Adam Baldwin from Chuck is also great in it.
Here is a link to some info about it. It is on TNT and you can see episodes on their site.
The Last Ship: Inside Summer's Hottest New Drama

It's based on William Brinkley's novel of the same name.
A quote from the link above
"The series follows the adventures of a Navy crew crisscrossing the planet desperately trying to develop a cure for a virus that has eliminated 80 percent of the world's population. With intense battle sequences, a mysterious conspiracy and even a sprinkle of romance"

LOTS OF DRAMA!! Great show with a great cast.

edit to add link
http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-last-ship.html

Here is a link that might be useful: The Last Ship

This post was edited by ravencajun on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 12:41

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Last Ship!

We're huge fans, too! The writing and acting in the first episode seemed a little "stiff" to me, but the cast has settled into their roles really well now.

I'm in the middle of reading the book. Unfortunately, it
has very little connection to the show and the author is the type to use 100 words when 10 would have done the job. However, it does have a decent story line as well, but revolves around the "1980's" fear of world wide annihilation from nuclear war (prevalent when the book was written) versus the very 2014 fear of annihilation due to a contagion.

Can't wait to see the next interaction with the Russian captain!

o

Great show! I'm anxious to watch "Extant" tonight--it should be good.

o

oh glad you mentioned that i need to schedule it.

o

I am hooked on "The Last Ship"! I can't wait for the next episode. Very exciting.

o

I've been watching also. I like it. Of course, I'm still likin' Longmire also. And Falling Skies.

Is anyone watching the new show Dominion? Based on the movie Legion? I like it too.

o

no missed that one but we are still watching longmire it is one of my husband's favorites. That and Rizzoli and Isles we both like it but he especially does. It is not as good this year since that great actor decided to kill himself, they are having to work that into the show that Frost was killed in a car accident.
Suits is a fave too but I have to say since they changed it up this time I am not nearly as fond of it as before. I don't like Mike and Harvey being enemies and fighting against each other. Mike seems to have forgotten just how much Harvey did for him.

o

I agree about Suits - it was much better when Mike and Harvey were working together.

I don't like that Rizzoli is pregnant and unmarried. That was not necessary for the storyline. I miss Frost, but I think they handled his death well.

o

Oh The Strain starts July 13th on FX.
It looks interesting also. I have it set to record.

If anyone missed Extant last night it's replaying tonight.

o

Love THE LAST SHIP! And FALLING SKIES right before it. LONGMIRE is also on my to watch every week list. Now if only WALKING DEAD would hurry up and start their new season. Tonight is DIFIANCE and DOMINION.

My husband watched EXTANT and said he really liked it.

Jenna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here