Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you watch... Married at first sight?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 12:17

What did you think? I liked it and plan to watch again. I felt sorry for the first girl but I think its a good match.
Would you do it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you watch... Married at first sight?

Never!!!!!

o

I think they should have made the match then let them date awhile to see if they were suited before marrying them off.

Do you think they will go through with it now?

o

It amazes me what people will do to be on television. Joann, do they explain why the participants feel with this odd arrangement?

I can see someone who is really so unlucky, many break ups maybe a few divorces, so why not try this? Nothing left to lose.

But for the average person, this just seems weird.

Years ago there was a show," Who wants to marry a millionaire?" The women didn't get to see the millionaire until he chose his bride. They did get married but of course it went downhill with the bride realizing her mistake. They were divorced as soon as they got back from the honeymoon.

o

They didn't explain why yet, that will be in the next show.

I think they did feel like this was a last resort since they were not having any luck in the real world. They were very nice looking people in their 20-30's.

Our world has changed so much its very difficult to meet anyone and online dating is the pits, so why wouldn't they try this and let someone else do all the work finding their perfect match. I do hope it works out for them.

o

I had not heard about this show, but now I am curious to watch. I don't usually like shows like the bachelor, but ones like this have me curious as to why people makes such decisions.

This post was edited by alice_sj on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 21:20

o

ellendi ........... right, all those shows are quite obnoxiously humerous. Paid to fall in love. Not my kind of humor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here