Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Twelve years today...

Posted by evatx (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 12:12

Most of you have been here with me for many, many years and know about my twin sister, Neva, her long battle with breast cancer, then her death on July 3, 2000. Two years ago her daughter, Barbara, died of breast cancer; now her oldest DD Sheri is recovering from a double mastectomy. Remember when so many of you sent cards to Barbara? She loved them and put all of them up on her bedroom wall.

I had the BC gene test and it was negative, thank goodness. I am the lucky fraternal twin and feel like I lead a charmed life. So it's been 12 years and I miss her all the time. Thanks, friends, for being here for me and helping me make it through everything.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Twelve years today...

I certainly remember Neva, her battle and your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family Eva.

Jodi-

o

I couldn't imagine losing a sister, let alone a twin!

Hugs, Eva!

Dances.

o

((((eva))))

o

Oh my. (((hugs))) to you and your niece.

o

I remember this so well Eva. I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer just a week or so before your sister went to heaven. My heart was with you completely as I was worried about my sister coping with my diagnosis at the time. I often think about you and wonder how you managed to cope with the loss of your twin. I'm glad the BC gene test showed that you aren't as likely to get it.

o
RE: Twelve years today...2

I hit the submit button way too fast and forgot to send you a big hug.

o

You have been on my mind all week, Eva.
Anniversary dates are always difficult.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

o

Hugs to you. I lost my older sister to ovarian cancer almost 19 years ago. I can hardly believe it's been that long. They really do live on in our hearts, don't they. I wish so much I had her around to talk to about a lot of things, but especially our elderly mother. Her three daughters and their families are just terrific and I am very close to them, closer than I would be if she had lived, so that was a gift.

I pray none of her girls are touched by that disease. My sister died at age 51 and was first diagnosed at age 41. Her oldest daughter is now 42.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and your niece.

o

I remember her well. She lost her battle just two months after my dear cousin lost her battle with breast cancer. Such a horrid disease. Hugs!

o

(((((Eva))))) I think I wandered in here just after that, so I don't remember but I can imagine the awful feelings you had then (and now, too.) Sisters are special and twin sisters must be just extraordinary. My sympathy to you and your family. Good luck to your niece!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here