SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Another What Would You Do question

alisande
9 years ago

Remember that slightly used juicer I bought on eBay last week? It arrived today. It looks great, very clean, and well packed in its original box. But I hadn't expected to see that it's a remanufactured product. In other words, it was returned to Breville, probably because it didn't work properly, and they fixed the problem and resold it.

I've bought reconditioned items in the past and have been happy with them. But I wouldn't have bought this one if I'd known, simply because there are so many lightly used juicers for sale. This seller failed to mention that his unit was remanufactured. I had assumed he paid around $150 for it and used it a few times. Instead, he paid $99 and was the second owner. Plus it had a problem at some point.

I paid $85, and picked up another one--this one not remanufactured--for a friend for $75. So I'm a little irritated by this.

I'm not inclined to go to the trouble and expense of returning it (it was shipped FedEx from Oregon to PA), but I feel as though I should do something. What would you do?

Comments (14)