Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you grill?

Posted by nodakgal (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 10:43

With the hot temps I've been grilling a lot. We love grilled food and do pull out the grill on some nice days in the winter, but most winters the weather doesn't cooperate up here. LOL So have to get our fill now!

I think I have grilled everything I know.....steaks,burgers,pork tenderloins,chicken,kabobs, fish,ham slices, potatoes and veggie medleys,asparagus. I am debating grilled shrimp. Hubby wouldn't touch it in any way,shape or form. So it will be mine!

What do you grill? Am I missing anything here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you grill?

I don't grill personally but I love potatoes, carrots and onions and parsnips drizzled with oil and spices and wrapped in foil, on the grill.

o

Peaches, nectarines, pineapple, romaine lettuce, pound cake

o

Last night I did the clams on the grill.

o

Large portabella mushrooms are great grilled. Just take out the stem and gills, brush them with olive oil and grill stem side down for a few minutes, turn over and fill the "cup" with a mixture of grated mozzarella cheese, diced tomato and olive oil. Or whatever sounds good, really. Just a few more minutes with the lid down and you have a melty mushroom goodness.

I like to make "packets", too. My favorite is Valdalia onions (or any sweet onion), sliced, sprinkled with olive oil, salt, pepper and sprinkled with hot sauce. Wrap them tightly and grill 20 minutes or so. When you open the packet, the onions are nice and soft and have a little spicy sauce on them.

We don't grill much in the summer. OUr grill is on the patio on the west side of the house and the afternoon sun is brutal. We grill more in spring/fall.

o

I grill anything that stands still long enough for me to plop it on the rack!

I eat mostly veggies so I keep devising a way to grill everything!

o

I don't grill. Have only had the grill about a year. Cheryl or Kevin are the ones that grill when we decide to have something. Our grill is a small gas one. Usually it is hot dogs and hamburgers. I do like the potato packets fixed on the grill.

Sue

o

I don't grill very much, but I do like grilled shrimp. Of course, have fresh shrimp here....so may be different than what you can get. We remove the heads, cut the shell down the back, but leave the shell and remove the vein. Then brush with Italian dressing with some chopped garlic to help keep them from drying out.

o

I'm jealous! We are under a burn ban so we can't grill. Normally, I do the usual burgers, brauts, chicken breast, etc. I can't remeber who it was, but I think someone on here used to make pizza in their grill. That would be something different to try.

o

Never heard of a burn ban where you can't use a grill! Are you sure about that?

Connie, grilled shrimp is wonderful. Grilled pineapple is great as well.

o

My son and daughter-in-law, and my daughter and son-in-law, grill all the time. The usual meats, plus sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, pineapple, fish, veggie burgers, shrimp, kabobs, zucchini, peppers, and on and on.

I need how to learn to do this myself, as I have a new grill that I haven't used yet. My tendency is to incinerate. But I will do better! CreateTV has a good grilling show, BTW.

o

You can grill under the burn ban if you use a gas grill. Mine is charcoal so no grilling.

o

Wow we are under a burn ban also but I dont think grills are banned. I love my grill! We even grill in the winter out on the carport.. Like you we grill everything meats, fruits and veggies. We even did radishes!

littlebit

o

Like others, I grill everything.

If you can bake it, boil it, broil it, steam it or fry it, you can grill it!
You can also grill things you wouldn't think of grilling, like fruit and romaine lettuce and thick slices of really good bread.

o

Our Weber is the most used piece of cooking eqiupment in our household. We love to grill practically anything but also do a fair amount of "slow and low " barbecuing. Pulled pork, anyone?

o

The lettuce surprises me! LOL
Pound cake sounds really good!
I saw grilled watermelon the other day and that is just weird! LOL Done pineapple and oh my it was good! Forgot about that, I may have to add it this week to the ham steaks on the menu.

o

I grill all the time, year round! Recently we started making burritos filled with all kinds of stuff but especially desserts ones. Try marahmallow, choco chips & peanut butter! Or apples and caramel!

o

I've been known to shovel off my screened porch in January so I could get to the grill. I stick mostly to meats and seafood. I prefer vegetables steamed.

o

We started grilling pizza this year. We told our friends about it and they had a pizza grilling party about a month ago. The only one that didn't work was the pizza on the open campfire. The cheese wouldn't melt because we had no lid on that one.

o

Bacon! It tastes so good and is wonderful
to use in baked beans. We also do pizza on
the grill and all of the regular stuff too.

o

Arg...we have no place for a BBQ here. I do miss it ... alot

o

Pretty much the same as everyone else and the Thanksgiving Turkey.

o

Miss grilling, but can't on my condo deck, it's wood and against rules and regulations to grill.

Loved back in the grilling days grilled ham steak and pineapple.

Of course, marinated pork chops on the grill.

o

We grill year round. Mostly salmon, turkey burgers and veggies like zucchini and squash. Love food on the grill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here