Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why am I suddenly getting pop-ups after all these years?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 10:35

I've never had a problem with pop-ups at the KT before, but this morning I'm getting huge things from Lancome. I'm using Chrome, but I've been using Chrome for months. Any suggestions for a pop-up blocker? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why am I suddenly getting pop-ups after all these years?

Ad-Block Susan. It's been recommended by several of us.
I use Chrome, and it works great.

o

Thanks, Jasdip. I just downloaded it. I noticed it didn't say FREE, but it didn't mention a price either. Now I see it's on the "honor system," and we're asked how much we can afford--after the download. Honestly, I'd rather have seen a price.

How do others feel about this?

o

make sure you get the right one because some of them are not really ad blockers they are adware or worse, I had to help someone try to get one of those rogues off and it was a pain.

I don't use chrome, maybe jasdip or someone that uses the real one can give you a link so you know you have the right one.
I use adblock plus on my firefox and I see there is one for Chrome and I know adblock plus is good
Adblock Plus for Chrome
you can also get it at the chrome store.

Chrome Addon: AdBlock for Google Chrome

o

Thanks, Raven. I downloaded it from the Chrome store, but I didn't choose Plus. (Maybe I should have.) After the download I got a boxed message from the author of Adblock ("Hi, I'm Michael, and this is my wife, Katie....") asking for donations. What do you make of it?

The Chrome store seems to confirm that I added Adblock. Should I gave Adblock Plus a shot?

o

yes adblock plus is much better than just plain adblock, remove the first one.

o

I checked my Chrome Settings, and I'm currently using AdBlock.

This is the link for AdBlock Plus. They are both Free, Susan.

Here is a link that might be useful: AdBlock Plus

o

Oops--I added Adblock Plus, and now I have both of them. Should I remove the first one? How do I go about doing that? Do you guys ever get tired of dumb questions? ;-)

o

Susan, go into Chrome, setting and extensions. You'll see both of them listed and just delete the regular Adblock.

I installed ADP and deleted the other one.

o

Perfect! Thanks, Jasdip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here