Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice house for sale

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 8:51

One block from the library! A lot of house for the money, I think, compared to some. I love the exterior and the grounds. The interior has great potential, but I'll bet a lot of you could do better with the decor.

Click here and click on the Photos tab to see all the rooms and gardens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nice house for sale

Wow, a lot of house for the money! I love it. But it would need lots of TLC and cash to make it a true showpiece. I love looking at older homes and imagining what I would do.

o

Curious--it this a house you are considering in buying or just sharing. It is a great looking place, but way too much for me at my age.

o

We drove through Honesdale on one of our weekend jaunts and I remember seeing quite a few lovely Victorian homes.

o

No, I'm not thinking about it for myself. I'm just sharing because I know a lot of us at the KT enjoy looking at houses. Especially houses we would never consider buying. :-)

o

What a fabulous house! I love to dream about what it would be like to live in a huge house that is so beautiful! I live in a really little house in Levittown but I do love to look! Thanks for posting this!
Joann

o

What a gorgeous home...if only????
I had the time, the money, and a few other things...lol

June

o

I know what you mean, June. If only... Thanks for posting that house, Susan, it's just gorgeous. I love looking at houses so, of course, I looked at all 86 pictures! :-) I grew up in a beautiful old house which, as a kid, I didn't appreciate. Sure wish I had it now.

o

I can just imagine sitting on that wonderful porch in a porch swing with a nice breeze blowing.
I love to look at the old ones but not own one, my sister did though she bought and restored several much like that.
Beautiful place.

o

It's lovely. You would never guess what I thought when I saw it. The yard, what a lot of maintenance. LOL

o

Oh my, I'm so jealous! You would get a small, two bedroom fixer-upper with practically no yard for that price in my area. Well, at least I don't have to heat the place. :-)

Jodi-

o

What a lovely home. I would love to be able to find eastern homes here in the southwest. However, I would need air conditioning to be happy.

o

I would get lost in that house. On the other hand it would be paradise for children playing hide and seek.

o

I love that house!! I can see what you mean about the decorating though, but lots of potential here! I love that little corner bathroom sink area, it must be upstairs maybe. I can see a nice Bed & Breakfast with this.........or just a single family enjoying that great house! lol!

o

Over here that would cost a whole lot more.

I wish I had the money to buy it, fix it up and enjoy it -- a great house, with even greater potential.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here