Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's Trivia Quiz

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 6:32

I was surprised that the percentage is as high as it is.

Only one in five of us has one of these in the kitchen what is it?
apron

Today's question is

More of these are given as gifts, than purchased for our own personal use... what are they?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's Trivia Quiz

I make up for everyone else. I have many many aprons. I sometimes use ONE of them. The rest are from my mom and grandmother. I'm not really all that sure that covering the very bottom of your outfit with a piece of tissue (ok, maybe not, but man it is so thin!) is going to help against gravy getting on you. It surely is pretty and frilly. :) Very 50s.

Gift cards is all I can think of. But why would anyone ever buy it for themselves? I guess you could, but it's not really sensible. Ooh, I have it. Strippers!

o

I agree, gift cards.

Sue

o

Flowers
Box of chocolate candy

o

Vacuum cleaners

o

I guess I'm the 1 in 5 that wears an apron. Love them!

My first thought was a dozen roses or other types of floral arrangements/bouquets.

I do however like rob's answer :) Strippers can be the perfect gift for those difficult to buy for people!

I remember getting singing telegrams back in the day. Are they still around?

o

They kind of are; on Valentine's Day, local barbershop singing organizations offer quartets delivered to your home to sing a special message. They are very nice, if you like things that are attention getters.

And no, they're not strippers. :)

o

but that would get my attention dees!

o

I know it would Rob! ;)

One more answer.....toasters.

o

I should think of aprons before I cook. I have several, but only think about using them when I spill or splatter.

More guesses...
Silver tray- one of the most popular 1970s wedding gifts.
Cuff links

o

Box of candies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here