Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Duchess of Cambridge is in Labor

Posted by Lindsey_CA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 4:16

She was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital at approximately 6:00 a.m. local time (1:00 a.m. Eastern Time/10:00 p.m. Pacific Time) in early labor. Since this is her first, it probably won't be a quick labor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Duchess of Cambridge is in Labor

I agree. I was thinking, may as not wonder too much until time to go home today. Best wishes for a smooth delivery and healthy, happy baby!

o

The child will be third in line for the throne.

o

I know, they're jumping in front of so many others. Poor old Ellen Lascelles (daughter of the Hon. Jeremy Lascelles, third son of the Earl of Harewood),is now 51st in line instead of 50th. kidding!

I keep wondering how much longer monarchies will last. Do you think they'll ever fall by the wayside?

o

Fall by the wayside? Not as long as they are perceived as a link to 'history'. You wouldn't kill off such a big tourist attraction. There will always be *someone* in the 'royal pool' who'll be willing to take the job, awful though I think it is.

o

I meant more like the Republic of Irleand. Not killing off. Just voting off. Or like, us, we just proclaimed it. No more nobility.

Peerage is an odd thing anyhow. I often wonder how many of us are related to royalty anyhow? Probably everyone! If we go back far enough. My ancestors are Irish and Scottish nobility, and something like my 18th grandfather is cousin to the Elizabeth II's grandfather. One change and it could be my family in line. One marriage different. Or not. Could've all been killed off then (most of family was if you read records. Killed in battle of ______ ).

But really, isn't it just an outdated idea?

o

perhaps but since the royals have all these "favorite charities" and really work at them, I think they have their place...look how Diana brought aids to the forefront, by getting the word out, and being seen. or the pictures of harry with displaced African children...if it had been just a reporter would it have had the same effect?

o

They are great representatives for their constituencies. I agree. Sure. But as "ruling", they don't really go all that far, already. So should they really have any say-so or give their royal nod (as Queen Elizabeth did just recently for same gender marriage)?

Is the baby born yet? I don't think we can keep busy long enough until they get here.

;)

o

It's fun, of course, when babies arrive. I do have to say, though, that I just don't get they hype about the royal family. Why do so many in the US care so much about this?

o

Republic of Ireland? I don't think there's been an Irish king anytime in the last 800 years.

The royal families in places like the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, etc., seem to be able to act with more dignity and less aloofness than the British royal family. They are closer to their people and seem to be more broadly loved as a result.

I wish the new baby and his/her parents only the best, but I think it's fair to say that they're part of a dying institution in their country.

o

SuzieQue~~~you posted just what I was thinking?? What is the attraction of the Royals to Americans?? I can not figure it out. It is news, maybe a human interest article once in awhile~~~but what is the hype??

o

Good grief. It's been 14 hours. Hurry up.

So many people love Kings and Queens and Princes and Princesses, at least in the storybook sense. Maybe that's why we are fascinated with the royals. I personally am fascinated by the weirdness of it all. What a strange life it must be. Why you can't even dance naked in Las Vegas without your bare butt ending up on the internet!

o
IT's A BOY!!!

She just gave birth.

His Royal Highness. What will his name be??

o

Where'd'ja see that???

o

Yes, born at 4something this morning their time. Happy birthday! HRH little william/kate.

o

Congrats to the new parents. William and Kate have endeared themselves with the vast majority of Canadians, even to some of those who want to nix the monarchy.

Yea Canada!

o

In celebration of the Royal News, the CN Tower in Toronto, Niagara Falls, and the Parliament Bldgs will all be lit up in blue tonite!!

o

Princess Diana would have been so proud and a wonderful grandma! CONGRATULATIONS to all!!!!

o

Yay!

As for name, I'm betting on Larry.

o

I knew something had happen as the computer went really wonky for like 5 minutes!

his royal highness weighed in a 8lbs 6 oz..no wonder she was in labor for hours...

and why do I care? because his gma Diana was a fresh breath of air...

o

Loved Diana. She single handedly changed the monarchy from a bunch of tight-a$$e$ to something resembling real people. She also added some good-looking genes to the pool, as will Kate.

Some of the Tweets are hilarious, esp about a Half-Blood Prince.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here