1/3 cup shredded mozzarella or similar cheese
For the sauce:
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 tbsp soft natural goat cheese
Salt
Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 F. After about 5 minutes, pop in your baking dish to preheat it (I like to do this other wise the eggs will take longer to cook and you'll end up with cooked yolks and stiff whites) While its in the oven, prepare the sauce by whisking together the goat cheese and heavy cream, and adding milk until you have a sauce like consistency, thin enough to be poured but not too thick (think a thick bechamel). Season heavily with salt and pepper.

Take your hot dish from the oven and layer as follows: bread (cut it to fill you dish evenly), ham, tomatoes, basil, and eggs. (try to place the yolks in the center without breaking them) Pour the sauce over this and then top with the shredded cheese. Bake for 10 -12 minutes, depending on how done you like your eggs.

Enjoy, shamelessly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 6, 2012

bacon and egg grilled cheese

2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk or water
Salt and pepper to taste
3 teaspoons butter at room temperature, divided
4 slices whole wheat or white bread
2 slices Colby-Jack cheese
4 slices full-cooked bacon

Instructions

1.In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended.
2.In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking -- pulling, lifting, and folding eggs -- until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do NOT stir constantly. Remove from skillet.
3.Spread remaining butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
4.Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.

o

We had a cold salad plate for dinner, and I wanted a French or Catalina-type dressing. I didn't have any in the bottle, so I made this one. Oh, it's a keeper!!!!

I made a half-batch, as I didn't know if we'd like it for sure. We ate it all, so I'll make the whole recipe and keep it in a jar.
I don't know the source, it was in my to-try binder (now moved to my "keeper" binder.)

French Dressing

1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 onion, minced
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery seed

o

We usually are running errands/groceries on Friday, but not today. Harry's feeling a little off today.

o

Jasdip, that sounds simple and good. I'll have to try it sometime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here