Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 27, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 3:45

Mozzarella Dip
Allrecipes.com

This rich dipping sauce is made with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and is perfect with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.

Original Recipe Yield 4 cups
Ingredients

2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 dash garlic salt
1 dash seasoning salt

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, sugar, garlic salt and seasoning salt. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 27, 2012

Here's an easy chicken recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make.

Chicken with Pesto and Angel Hair Pasta

1 9-oz. pkg.refrigerated angel hair pasta
4 large carrots, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. butter
1-1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Olive oil (optional)
Fresh basil (optional)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet cook carrots in 1 tablespoon melted butter over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken. Add pesto; toss to coat.

3. Drain pasta. Return to pan; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with basil. Makes 4 servings.

o

Mom's Best Meatloaf
(recipe from allrecipes.com)

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/8 cup cornmeal
1 cup dried bread crumbs * see note below
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 dashes liquid smoke flavoring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, oatmeal, cornmeal, bread crumbs, salt, sugar, egg, tomato juice, water, barbecue sauce, 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke and vinegar. Mix together thoroughly and place mixture into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and 2 drops liquid smoke and mix thoroughly. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately one hour.

I've made this several times, and it is quite good! In fact, I just had a slice!

The 1 cup of breadcrumbs seem like too much so the 1st time I made this I cut it down. Mistake! It was so moist I could not get it out of the pan in 1 piece.

* Now I use 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of progresso breadcrumbs and the texture is just right!

o

My DSD is coming in October to spend a week with us. She's the gluten, sugar and dairy-free DD, so I will make this while she's here.

HONEY-AGAVE CHICKEN WITH RICE (Pillsbury Recipes)

1cup uncooked instant white rice
1 cup water
Oil for deep frying
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)

Cook rice in water as directed on package. In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches oil to 350�F. In large bowl, mix chicken pieces, salt, pepper and cornstarch. Toss to coat. Carefully drop chicken, piece by piece, in hot oil. Fry 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd pan. Drain on paper towels.

In small bowl, beat honey, agave syrup, lemon juice and Sriracha sauce with whisk. Add chicken; toss to coat. Serve chicken over rice. Garnish with sliced green onions. Makes 4 servings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here