1 medium tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 limes, juice of
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and fresh pepper to taste

In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.

In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeno. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 3 1/2 cups.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 28, 2012

Sometime, I'm lazy to cook and just want a simple lo mein vegetable noodle. I boil spaghetti and frozen stir fry veggies together, enough to make 1 bowl. Drain and mix in 1 tspn. of hoison sauce with 1 tspn. of oyster sauce while it's still hot.

That's it.

o

Thinking of making a batch of Apricot Slush. With this heat I should have done it long ago! It's been a few years since I made this, but it is good!

Frozen Apricot Slush

1 qt pineapple juice
1 qt apricot juice (not sure I've seen this lately but the V-8 Splash juice has got to have some sort of apricot blend)
12 oz frozen lemonade
12 oz frozen orange juice
1 pint apricot brandy
1 cup vodka
Mix & freeze in ice cream pail. To serve, fill glass half full, then add 7-Up or Squirt to fill the glass.

o

I used to make a slush similar to that years ago, too Nodakgal. It was very popular!!! (pssssst, glad to see ya)

This is on the agenda for dinner tonite. I'm using 3 boneless breasts and I'll decrease the sauce ingredients.

Sticky Chicky (Eat, Shrink and Be Merry)

16 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp grated gingerroot
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp cornstarch

Preheat oven to 400*
Spray a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in a single layer.

Whisk all sauce ingredients, except cornstarch. Pour evenly over chicken. Turn pieces to coat both sides.

Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink into the center. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.

Pour sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch with an equal amount of water and mix until smooth and stir into sauce to thicken.

o

This sounds good and it won't heat up the kitchen (or me).

COMPANY CASSEROLE (CD Kitchen)

1-1/4 c. raw converted rice
1/2 c. melted butter
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups cut-up cooked chicken
2 cans sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 package (12 ounce size) frozen shelled shrimp
8 green onions, chopped
2/3 cup slivered almonds

Mix rice with melted butter or margarine in slow cooker. Stir to coat rice thoroughly. Add all remaining ingredients, except slivered almonds and some green onions to sprinkle over top. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or High 2 to 3 hours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here