SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 1, 2012

luckygardnr
11 years ago

This looks like it would be great at a party, almost like bruschetta, only with ingreds you'd find in lasagna.

Lasagna Toasts!A Summer Spin on a Winter Classic

Simply Real Moms

My favorite comfort food is lasagna, but I never want to make it in the summer because I don't want to slave for an hour in front of a hot stove and oven. So, after experimenting a bit, I found a way to enjoy my favorite comfort food flavors, but with a light summer twist! These lasagna toasts are a perfect summer lunch or dinner, or they can even be served as a fun appetizer for a barbeque. This is one of our favorite dinners in the summer; it is filled with delicious veggies and only takes 15 minutes to make. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!

Ingredients

1 loaf Ciabatta bread (sliced thick)

1 medium zucchini (chopped)

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 tbsp olive oil

1 cup roasted red pepper (chopped)

1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

1-cup part-skim ricotta cheese

1/2 cup jarred basil pesto

Directions

Step 1. If desired, lightly toast Ciabatta bread (you can do this in a toaster oven or under a broiler (on low) for

1-2 min on each side. We don't toast our bread and it still tastes great!

Step 2. In microwave-safe bowl, combine zucchini, garlic and oil and microwave for four minutes.

Step 3. Add red pepper, salt and pepper and microwave on high for three minutes.

Step 4. Meanwhile, mix ricotta cheese and basil pesto and spread onto Ciabatta toasts.

Step 5. With a slotted spoon, add zucchini and pepper mixture to each piece of toast.

Step 6. Top each one with chopped basil and serve immediately.

Comments (2)