Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 26, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 1:35

While in British Columbia, my DSis and I through a Sangria party. We did let it marinate overnight, and it was delish. However, I thought this might be nice to have on hand for drop ins, or girls night.

Instant Sangria
Usually the best sangrias are the ones that are made ahead, allowed to "marinate" overnight and packed with ice and more fruit before serving. However, if you want to cater to more spur of the moment sangrias, sans the preplanning efforts, then this may just be your recipe!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 bottle of red or white wine
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Orange
1 cup Raspberries
1/2 cup Strawberries
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Ginger Ale

Preparation:

The "instant" part of this recipe takes a little work upfront. First, you will need to peel the lemon, lime and orange and remove the seeds. Next, put the citrus fruits into a blender with the raspberries, strawberries, sugar and ginger ale. Blend all of the ingredients (except the wine) together, until it is "slushy." Now pour your Sangria slush into ice cube trays and freeze. When the mixture is totally frozen pop the sangria cubes into a ziploc back and keep frozen. Now the fun part, whenever you have a hankering for an instant Sangria, just pour yourself a glass of wine and plop 3-5 of your Sangria mix ice cubes into the glass. Enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 26, 2012

what a clever idea!

o

I just came across this now, and I'm going to make it. So many variations......strawberry, lemon, etc. I can see making a pkg of lemon pudding and using that in place of one of the yogurts.

Cool Whip and Yogurt Pie

8 oz (one small container) Cool Whip
18 oz (three individual servings) yogurt, any flavor
1 ready made graham crust

Thoroughly combine the Cool Whip and yogurt until smooth. Pour into pie crust and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer approximately 20 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh fruit if desired and enjoy!

o
RE:: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 26, 2012

I just read the reviews, and someone mentioned using the pkg of instant lemon pudding in place of one of the yogurts. So no need to make it first. Also, letting one of the yogurts drain, makes it even thicker.

o

While at a friends home in Washington she made this wonderful salad. I am going to make it today for Saturday's cookout.

Broccoli Salad

4 c broccoli, chopped
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
3/4 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup white raisins
1/4 to 1/2 cup carrot, grated
1 cup peanuts or walnuts, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup celery, diced small

Any of these items can easily be omitted. You can also add chopped cauliflower.

Dressing

1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugar

Mix and let stand 4-6 hours before serving. The longer this melds the better it tastes.

o

While at a friends home in Washington she made this wonderful salad. I am going to make it today for Saturday's cookout.

Broccoli Salad

4 c broccoli, chopped
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
3/4 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup white raisins
1/4 to 1/2 cup carrot, grated
1 cup peanuts or walnuts, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup celery, diced small

Any of these items can easily be omitted. You can also add chopped cauliflower.

Dressing

1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugar

Mix and let stand 4-6 hours before serving. The longer this melds the better it tastes.

o

Gosh, so many good recipes today! I think I'll wait for cooler weather to try these.

CINNAMON BUN MUFFINS (Framed Cooks)

1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup milk

Glaze Ingredients
1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk

1. Line a muffin tin with 12 standard sized paper liners and preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
4. Put butter in a mixer and beat on high speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Reduce speed to medium and slowly pour in sugar, scraping down the sides of the mixer as needed. Beat for about 2 minutes.
5. Add egg, beating well, followed by vanilla.
6. Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and milk in about 3 stages.
7. Spoon one tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Top with a generous teaspoon of cinnamon mixture. Spoon remaining batter on top of each muffin, and then sprinkle with a generous topping of cinnamon mixture.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the muffin tin until the muffins are cool enough to take out, and then remove and finish cooling on a rack.

Glaze Directions

1. Mix sugar, vanilla and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Drizzle glaze over top of muffins (or you can make your own disposable pastry bag by filling a zip-close sandwich bag with the glaze, snipping off one corner with a scissors and squeezing the glaze out through the opening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here