SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 26, 2012

luckygardnr
11 years ago

While in British Columbia, my DSis and I through a Sangria party. We did let it marinate overnight, and it was delish. However, I thought this might be nice to have on hand for drop ins, or girls night.

Instant Sangria

Usually the best sangrias are the ones that are made ahead, allowed to "marinate" overnight and packed with ice and more fruit before serving. However, if you want to cater to more spur of the moment sangrias, sans the preplanning efforts, then this may just be your recipe!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 bottle of red or white wine

1 Lemon

1 Lime

1 Orange

1 cup Raspberries

1/2 cup Strawberries

1/2 cup Sugar

2 cups Ginger Ale

Preparation:

The "instant" part of this recipe takes a little work upfront. First, you will need to peel the lemon, lime and orange and remove the seeds. Next, put the citrus fruits into a blender with the raspberries, strawberries, sugar and ginger ale. Blend all of the ingredients (except the wine) together, until it is "slushy." Now pour your Sangria slush into ice cube trays and freeze. When the mixture is totally frozen pop the sangria cubes into a ziploc back and keep frozen. Now the fun part, whenever you have a hankering for an instant Sangria, just pour yourself a glass of wine and plop 3-5 of your Sangria mix ice cubes into the glass. Enjoy!

Comments (5)