Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 10, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 1:00

Cherry Crunch
Allrecipes.com

Cherry pie filling is lovingly sandwiched between 2 layers of crunchy oaty goodness. Substitute apple pie filling and sprinkle a little extra cinnamon over the top if you like.

Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9 inch square pan
Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)

In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Sprinkle one half of crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover with cherry pie filling.

Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over pie filling.

Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, July 10, 2012

I like iced tea and like the kind that's served in restaurants and bars. The concentrate. I hate the bottled and cans, as they are far too sweet.

I came across this recipe and I'm going to try it, but cut it in half. I have to find a large container to put it in. I don't like a sweet tea, so I will try the reduced amount of sugar recommended.

ICED TEA SYRUP

Add 28 tea bags to 7 cups of boiling water.
Steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags and add 4 1/2 cups sugar.
Bring to a boil to melt sugar. Remove from heat and cool.
Store in refrigerator in a closed jar. Makes 2 quarts of syrup.

When ready to make tea, mix 1 cup syrup to 2 quarts of water.
Add lemon to taste. You can also add orange juice.

I use 3 cups of sugar because 4 1/2 cups is too sweet for me.

o

Jasdip, I think if you don't like sweet tea, like me, you aren't going to like your mix. To my mind, if it has sugar in it, it's gonna be sweet. I don't like ANY sugar in my tea. Or lemon. When I make iced tea, I put 4 regular tea bags in a tea pot. Boil water and pour over, let steep to desired strength, or when I remember I have it steeping!, and pour in a gallon pitcher, adding water to fill the pitcher. So much easier, and it doesn't get the tannany taste that canned, bottled does, or that comes out of the soda machine. Yuck.

Tami

o

I love sweet tea. My DSisIL in Georgia makes the best tea I've ever tasted. It's very strong and pretty sweet. I grew up with unsweetened tea, but I guess my taste buds changed. I will try your recipe and use the 3 cups of sugar, also. You can always add more if you need it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here