Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to find a fajita sauce/marinade

Posted by kathsgrdn (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 0:48

I've looked on Allrecipes.com and none of them sound right. My "Latino" cookbook uses Teriyaki sauce of all things for their fajitas..just weird. I'm trying to find something close to the sauce used by a local restaurant. It's spicy (not spicy hot, though) and so good. I have no idea what is in it but it's a reddish brown color and am pretty sure it has some kind of chile pepper in it. Help! Please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to find a fajita sauce/marinade

This is my 'go to' site for recipes. I judge trying them by the reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fajita marinades

o

LIME MARINADE:
Juice of 4 to 5 fresh-squeezed limes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon light molasses
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

o

I made fajitas recently using a Cook`s Illustrated recipe. It was very good.

4 tbsp vegetable oil
One-third cup lime juice (2 or 3 limes)
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp worcestershire
1 and a half tsp brown sugar
1 jalapeno pepper, minced; or red pepper flakes
salt and pepper

Some of the marinade is used to marinate the chicken and the rest is tossed with the cooked veggies and chicken before putting into the fajitas.

o

This is far from a traditional fajita, but it's quick and easy and we like it. Depending on the amount of chicken you use, mix BBQ sauce with honey and a squirt of lemon juice. I use a little less honey than BBQ sauce. So, if I am using 3/4 of a cup of BBQ, I'd use more than a half but less than 3/4 cup of honey. I don't measure the lemon juice but I'd guess around one tablespoon. Stir it all up, put in the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grill.

Just shred the meat or cut it in strips, and put it in a tortilla with all the fixings you prefer. I use Picante Sauce for the Mexican flavor.

As I said, not traditional but good.

o

Equal parts of soy sauce and honey. Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Easy and oh so good!

o

My neice just posted on her facebook page she is making fajhita's for dinner tonight in her crockpot. Sounds pretty simple but also good!
Joann

Here is a link that might be useful: Crock Pot Chicken fajhitas

o

I have always marinated the flank steak or skirt steak for fajitas in Wishbone Italian Dressing. I had also added a mixture of spices, but the dressing is really enough. I have marinated it overnight or just an hour or two, and either way is good.

o

Try this one its a knock off of Chilis recipe. Change the vinegar to balsamic, and be sure to add the liquid smoke that is the most important part.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marinade

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here