SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulldinkie

how sweet.............

bulldinkie
15 years ago

you guys brought tears to my eyes......

Im here Im still alive...Thank you all for the emails etc.I dont have alot of time lately when I do I dont feel good.Im alittle down.Im finding more and more I dont want to go to dialysis.Im having problems,My blood pressure drops really really low,during dialysis.It bottoms out.Ive been getting these fits where I can feel it comming and within seconds I gasping for air.They have to put me on oxygen.Awful awful feeling.dr doesnt know why.Im so tired Im really having trouble getting anything done.

Alots happening at diaysis,a young girl had a leg removed last week,week before that an elderly lady died during dialysis.

My hubbys having problems dealing with all this.My family isnt dealing with it at all.Its really tough right now.Thank you all so much for asking.I didnt think anyone cared...hugs****

Comments (43)

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

Oh...it is so good to hear from you...

I'm so sorry you are going through all this...

I'll be keeping you in prayer...

We worry about all our KT sisters...and you are one of them...

HUGS

patti

• petaloid
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for letting us know how you are -- all of our good wishes are coming your way!

• Related Discussions

How sweet your onion tops?

Q

Comments (0)
    With this season's repeated gusty storms, some of the Southern Bell Red sweets (Dixondale), were reluctant to get vertcal before the next storm. As a result, the immature 2" bulbs have been enjoyed in many ways AND the sauteed juicy crisp tops have added sweet rich flavor to many dishes. Very little to compost. Maybe I'll call these teenage onions the 'veal' of the alliums. These tops have more heft to them than the earlier bunching onions. They also taste much sweeter. Is it possible they are more nutritious than the bulb at this stage? Now I have my eyes on all the other upright sweet onions...and the shallots and some garlic...bet all of them would dehydrate well at this immature stage. Only restriction for an experiemt with your onions might be to wait a week after you have kelp sprayed. Any reports on tops of other varieties?
    ...See More

How Sweet It Is....

Q

Comments (1)
    I took a stroll through the yard yesterday and things are looking a lot like Spring! The lilac buds are fattening up nicely, and some spring bulbs are starting to send up shoots. And yes, the grass is a beautiful emerald green. If only it WERE Spring. I'm loving the break in the cold, but a little concerned about Mother Nature fooling my garden into breaking dormancy too early. Go to sleep, plants, go to sleep!
    ...See More

How sweet it is...

Q

Comments (1)
    Oooh, it is sweet, isn't it, Dragonfly. I spent all day yesterday working on the flowerbeds. I noticed a caterpillar on my rue, but none on my passion vine. I need to check the mimosa out back - I hadn't noticed if it's blooming yet.
    ...See More

How sweet it is....

Q

Comments (0)
    Guess what bloomed in the nursery flat under my lights?
    ...See More
  • sjerin
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry you feel lousy this often. Are you anemic on top of everything else? My mom has been, off and on, and took Procrit-- made her feel better, though it was quite pricey before it was covered by Medicare. Is your thyroid (ALL tests!) ok? I don't know much about diabetes so perhaps all your symptoms are related, but I hope the docs check out all possibilities.

• frazoo
    15 years ago

Bulldinkie,

You are loved! Please know that.

Leslie/KS

• margad
    15 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling better. I hope that you start feeling more like yourself very soon. We are all thinking about you and wishing you well. Many prayers are coming in your direction

• alisande
    15 years ago

Hoping things improve for you very soon!

((((Bulldinkie))))

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Kim, I'm so glad to see this post. We've been so concerned. I called the number at Barry's work yesterday morning and left a message. Please let him know he doesn't need to return the call now. I just wanted to hear something from someone about you.

I've had several local friends who have been through dialysis treatments and for some of them it was really exhausting, both physically and emotionally. I'm so sorry you are going through the same thing.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope the day will come soon when you can have a transplant. God bless both you and Barry.

Even if you don't feel like posting regularly, please let us know how you are doing ever so often either by e-mailing one of us or stopping by here for a minute. We do worry about members of our KT family.

hugs,
    Linda

• phyllis__mn
    15 years ago

Well, this is certainly good to hear from you. Here's hoping you get back to feeling better very soon.

Phyllis

• User
    15 years ago

Bulldinkie - ((((((((((((((((((Bulldinkie))))))))))))))))))

Please don't ever get it into your head that no one cares. Good heavens girl we love ya to bits! You are family and don't ever forget it!

If we could be there with you during your treatments we would be! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers to get through this and find out what is triggering all of this.

(((((((((((((((((Bulldinkie)))))))))))))))

Peggy

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

Hey, Dink, it's good to see you! And we care, girl, you have to know that. While I'm probably guilty of not typing out a response all the time with my fingers, in my head and my heart I type like crazy! I'll try to be better about letting you and others KNOW FOR SURE that I'm thinking about you/them.

I'm really sorry you're not feeling too well. And that the family is struggling, that's got to be hard on you as well. I'm keeping a good thought for you and if there's anything you need from me, you just say it, OK?

• wanda_va
    15 years ago

Nice to see you here. Sorry you are having problems, and I will keep you in my special thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, and try to check in when you can. Hugs!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

((Bulldinkie))

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

I'm so glad to hear from you! Like all the others said....We do care!!! Please don't ever think that you are alone, as there are always a few KTers around to hold your hand.

You are in my thoughts and prayers that you get to feeling better soon.

• grittymitts
    15 years ago

Praying for strength and renewal of hope for you and your family during this very, very tough time.

Like another here said, I don't always respond in print, but NEVER fail to lift prayers for those in need here at KT.

GOD BLESS!

Suzi

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

Bulldinkie, we care and we were all worried about you. Please
    don't give up on this struggle. Please stop in every so often and let us know how you are doing. I know it is very difficult to go through dialysis, but know that you are loved.

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

(((Bulldinkie))) We sure do care about you- Wish there was something I could do to make you all better.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Donna (^_^)

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

Like so many others have said we care lots!
    I am hoping things get better for you soon!!
    Sending prayers and many many hugs dear girl!
    Hang in there and then keep on hanging on!

• lydia1959
    15 years ago

Bulldinkie, I'm glad you popped in to say HI!

Is there anyway the clinic could keep a oxygen mask on you (set on low) while you have your dialysis? Maybe that would stop the episodes you are having?

(((Bulldinkie)))

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

((((Bulldinkie)))) Sorry you have to go through everything you do, I know it can't be easy and it's not hard to feel all alone. I hope you get a kidney soon.

• chubby_rat
    15 years ago

There you are Miss Dinkie Doodles! We were worried about you.Like Flamey and others,I don't always post but know that I am always thinking of you! Here's an earworm for you..."We are family...I got all my sisters with me..." that should be the KT's theme song because most of us here do consider everyone to be "family".Wishing the best for you as you struggle with your dialysis.Hope you can soon get a kidney...
    ((((BULLDINKIE)))

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

I don't even know you and I started getting worried too. I hope you feel better. My mother worked in Dialysis and she said it is not easy on the patients. You will get through this. Just know that part of it is going to be your determination to not let this defeat you.

God Bless you. Many people on here really do care about you.

Here is a link that might be useful: The secret

• ronf_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Bulldinkie!

Know that I care and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Ron

• mamatoad
    15 years ago

I am one of those who care!!! I am on dial-up and this darn thing is so slow! I seldom respond to anybody's post but I have to let you know that I think of you and will remember you in my prayers. I have a good friend who goes for dialysis three times a week and it is taking its toll on her, also. She has been doing it for several years and she lives alone. Is there anything we can do to bring a bit of cheer for you???? (((Bulldinkie))) Bettye/AZ

• jannie
    15 years ago

Kim, it's SO GOOD to hear from you. I'm having a lot of problems with dialysis. I hate and fear going. My fistula was not working well. I had to have two fistulagrams done, where the doctor sticks a tube in and opens it up. He says I'll need a stent in September. Once or twice a week my BP drops during dialysis and I feel like I'm goiung to pass out or vomit. It happened Satrurday. My BP was 70 over 40 and they gave me oxygen. I thought I was dying! Two older men I was friendly with at Dialysis, Jim and Jerry, both died recently. Jim died because he quit dialysis, He did it with full approval from the doctors and his family. Jerry fell at home and passed away. Jim was 76, Jerry was 94. So many of the other patients are so old. I'm one of the youngest and I'm 55! I'm still working at getting a kidney transplant. Have four more doctors appointments scheduled, The latest one is August 4th. Anyhow, I'm glad YOU are okay, Bull Dinkie! Wonderful to hear from you!

• vannie
    15 years ago

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I can hope that your docs gain some insight into your situation and come up w/ a treatment that will help you feel so much better. I wish I lived close enough to you to hold your hand. God bless you and your loved ones.

• trinitytx
    15 years ago

HUH??? You thought nobody cared?? I know I keep mental track of all the KT'ers. If one is missing, it doesn't take long for somebody to notice. We all love you and care about you, so please stay in touch. Nothing like a couple of dozen people ready to send out the dogs after you!
    Hiding from the KT is like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary....you might think we don't notice, but it still makes a big splash......

Keep your chin up, and know that you are in our prayers.
    I know it is tough, but hang in there missy.....

Trin

• socks
    15 years ago

Please stay in touch. You are having a hard time, and it often helps to share with others. Have you given your address, phone or email to a trusted person here?

• grammahony
    15 years ago

So good to see your post BD. I was hoping to hear something from you soon. It must be he!! going through this. As well as exhausting. I'll keep you in my prayers and good thoughts. Post when you can.
    Leslie

• nanny98
    15 years ago

I will join in with those who don't post very often and send you my heartfelt wishes that you keep thinking positive thoughts for a better tomorrow and know that we care and will be here to help you through this. Nanny

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Thinking about you!

• kiwidj
    15 years ago

(((BD))) It's so good to hear from you! I very rarely post anymore but I try to check in daily at the KT just to see what everyone is up to. I'd noticed you'd been away a while and remembered you were having alot of health problems so you see we do worry about our 'family' when one goes AWOL!
    Take care and I really hope you're feeling better soon.

• donna37
    15 years ago

and

to you and also, to Jannie

• Mickey15
    15 years ago

Bulldinkie, I'm so glad to see this post today and know that you are okay. I'm sorry for all the troubles you are having and going through with your dialysis.
    I care, too, and was very worried about you.
    Lots and lots of hugs,
    Tammy

• itsmesuzq
    15 years ago

Oh my...thank goodness you got the message that we were trying to contact you!! I am so happy you gave us a shout! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well not to mention all the other stress that dialysis brings on. Let's hope the docs find out why your BP drops and your energy level is low.

Please don't ever ever think we all don't care!! And please keep in touch, even if to say, "This sucks!!"

Lots of love,

~Susan

• rosebudms
    15 years ago

Another one who is on your side. Blessings on you and your family, and the medical people who are helping you.

• velvet_sparrow
    15 years ago

bulldinkie, you hang in there! We're all pulling for you.

I assume you've been checked for anemia...? Is it possible that your episodes could be brought on by the stress and depression of undergoing treatment? Would taking an anti-depressant such as Elavil help? When I fell down a flight of stairs and became disabled, over the last 8 years I've undergone many surgeries and dealt with chronic pain--which in turn caused stress, insomnia, heart palpitations and anxiety. Elavil has REALLY helped me with it. So maybe something similar is happening with you, a secondary issue brought on by the stress of dialysis...?

Whatever the cause, hang in there, be strong, and know that many, many people are thinking of you.

Velvet ~:>

• clubm
    15 years ago

Hoping things improve for you very soon!

• dirt_yfingernails
    15 years ago

So sorry you aren't feeling well. You probably feel that your illness is a burden to your family, but they gladly carry the burden because they love you. As do all of us here at KT. Hang in there!

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

Bulldinkle, I know how hard it is to keep the faith sometimes. But, know that we are all there for you in Spirit.

Sending Peaceful Thoughts, Good Feelings, Prayers and Hugs.

(((((Bulldinkle)))))

Gayle

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Hi Ms. Dinkie....It is wonderful to hear from you...I feel badly that there is nothing we can do to help.
    Blessings to you...many prayers are going up for you,
    J

• ivamae
    15 years ago

So glad to hear from you but so sorry that you are having it so hard. Keep your chin up and know that things will get easier as time goes by, or at least I surely hope they do. Hugs aand prayers going your way

• joyfulguy
    15 years ago

Thank you for coming to let us know how things are going. Please don't feel that you can't come to share your burdens when things are difficult - sharing often lightens the load somewhat.

I'm sad to hear that you've been having so many complications with your dialysis. Plus the other problems that you're having to deal with just now.

I'm sending some good thoughts and prayers .. and hoping that things improve, and soon.

Come to let us know how things are going, when you can - many here have ongoing concern for you.

(((((Bulldinkie)))))

ole joyful

• Zipper_TX
    15 years ago

I just got home Dink, your post is the first one I've answered.

I'm very sorry you are having so much trouble, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I also hope you now know that all of us care and send our love, hugs, and prayers.

May God Bless and Keep you safe and warm! Please come and tell us how you are when you can.

(((((Kim)))))