SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_mb

Trip photos, pt 5 (Paris)

stacey_mb
9 years ago

I have to give credit to my DH for many of these photos. He is a real photo enthusiast.

I loved loved loved Paris and I envy anyone who can make lengthy visits and explore at their leisure. Streets in Paris.

Musee d'Orsay on the Left Bank. Used to be a train station.

Clock at the Musee

A "love locks" bridge. Lovers buy a padlock, write their names on it, lock it to the bridge and throw the key into the Seine. Not sure which bridge this one is, but one such bridge has begun to be damaged from the weight of the locks and they have recently had to be removed. (A raindrop or fingerprint has appeared on the lens, drat!)

Notre-Dame Cathedral. Hard to believe that this massive and detailed structure was completed by 1345 without the benefit of power tools or modern building techniques. Our tour guide pointed out that it was "saved" by the book The hunchback of Notre Dame. The cathedral was considered to be an old relic and may have been torn down except for its renewed popularity from Victor Hugo's book. It was also damaged during the revolution and is still now being restored.

In a restaurant enjoying a crepe. It was delicious and tasted as though it was made from scratch. DH ordered a lemon crepe and his was served with almost half a fresh lemon to be squeezed over the crepe.

View down the Seine River

DH and I at the Louvre next to a statue of Cupid. Some American friends had requested that we take a photo of them by the statue as they were celebrating their 30th anniversary, so they snapped one of us too.

Inside the Louvre.

A passageway built when this was still a palace to connect one building with another.

Venus de Milo

A sphinx

Fairly recently as some excavations were taking place under the Louvre, these ancient structures were discovered

Notre-Dame Cathedral in the distance. Visible are the flying buttresses that were necessary to prevent the building from collapsing from its very high and relatively thin walls.

Views from the second level of the Eiffel Tower.

View from the Eiffel Tower, looking at the Trocadero area that was named in honour of the Battle of Trocadero. The curved buildings are the Chaillot Palace, now housing a number of museums

More views from the Eiffel Tower

Paris architecture. So many beautiful buildings in the city.

Comments (17)