SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_mb

Trip photos, pt 3 (Austria and Switzerland)

stacey_mb
9 years ago

We went to Innsbruck, Austria (the Old Town section). Ate some delicious gelato here.

The building at the end of this street with the balconies was completed in 1500 and is famous for its "Golden Roof," which overhangs the balconies. The golden roof is comprised of gold plated copper tiles. It was decorated for Emperor Maximilian I to mark his wedding.

We went to the Swarovski showroom. Mostly very expensive, but also some modestly priced items. This is a crystal fly in their entranceway and the interior stairs are clear with crystals embedded in them

Zermatt, Switzerland. We had to take a mountain train for the final portion of our trip to this location. A very quaint little village. It snowed when we were there, and it was so delightful to go from the very warm Stresa, Italy where we had just come from, to the wintery Zermatt. As we ate dinner at our hotel, we looked out the many-paned windows at the quaint scene and the snow - felt like being in a Charles Dickens Christmas card!

My friend Wolli and I at the Zermatt train station

Misty looking Swiss Alps as we left Zermatt

We spent the night in Montreux, Switzerland. As we tried to enter our hotel room, we found that our room key didn't work. To our surprise, a woman from our tour opened the door - she and her husband were in our room. There had been a mix-up at the desk and we were assigned a new room, with a balcony overlooking Lake Geneva. This was the view

The Montreux Palace Hotel in Montreux, Switzerland. This was not our hotel, unfortunately!

A walkway along Lake Geneva.

DH on our walk

Montreux vegetation

This is a statue of the late Freddy Mercury of Queen alongside the walkway. There were fresh flowers at the foot of the statue. Apparently he loved this city.

Comments (4)