SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

My Poor Furbaby!!!!

samkaren
9 years ago

It's amazing how an accident can happen in the blink of an eye. I was sitting last night (at 9:00 pm) working on my stitch and put it down for 1 second. I turned around and Myben got ahold of my needle and thread. Before I could grab her she swallowed it.

Called the vet and had to take her to the emergency vet 20 minutes from my house. Got there and they took an xray and the needle was in her stomach. Luck would have it that she had just eaten and the food was coating the needle. They had to remove it but couldn't do it at that facility so I had to drive 30 minutes to a different place.

Got there and they said they could use a scope thing with a camera and pinchers to get the needle. By this time it was 11 pm and they said it would take about 4 hours. While I waited I went out to my car to get my smokes and locked my keys in the car. It took several minutes to find my spare key only after I dropped my purse in the parking lot and everything spilled out.

They were keeping Myben overnight so I headed home and I pulled into my lot from another entrance. I was so tired that I didn't realize I was at the wrong building and could get in. Drove around lot until I found my building.

Didn't get to bed until after midnight and had to get up for work at 5:00 am.

Picked up Myben after work and she is fine...no complications.

Scary how something can happen so fast.

I won't even tell you what the bill cost me but YIKES!!!! Even though she is worth every penny

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor