SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

More "Collins Family Search" results.

caroline94535
9 years ago

I received something so very special and unexpected in the mail today!!! Several KTers have pointed me toward "Collins" info, and one has spent hours searching on my behalf. I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you.

My oldest "Collins Brother," William, sent me a mystery photo. He inherited several old photos from his/our Aunt Lucille. There was a photo of his/our dad, Basil Odell Collins, with a mystery woman. Basil was the pet/baby brother to Lucille; she had several photos of him.

No one in his family knew who this woman could be. She is not Wlliam's mother. She is not Sister Millie's mother. She is not the third wife. His other uncles didn't have a clue as to who she could be.

She is MY mother! Yes! I now have a photo of my mother and my father together. She is in a lovely two-piece skirt suit perched on the front fender of an old truck. He is in typical 1950s bad-boy jeans and open plaid shirt over a tee-shirt. They are all huggy and lovey-dovey.

It's a small photo and in a rather beat up condition. I'm taking it to a photographer Monday to see what he can do to copy it, clean it up, and enlarge it.

I'm just amazed. I was so hoping to see even one photo of my father - Brother William sent me several - and now I have a photo of my mother and father together. Mom is teensy-tiny with a nipped-in waist so I don't think I was brewing yet.

Keep in mind they married after Mom was expecting me, and divorced before I was born. Mom couldn't remember for certain if there had been any photos of them together, but she did remember them taking a trip to visit his sister Lucille. I'm sure after she sees this photo she will remember; she did remember the suit.

Brother William also sent photos of our brothers Rocky, Jeff, and Tony, sister Millie, all the uncles, and Grandfather Lee Collins.

Old Fixer - You have mail!

This post was edited by caroline on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 20:41

Comments (4)