SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sipsy_gw

Problem with co-worker- what would you do?

sipsy
14 years ago

When someone at your workplace snubs you do you confront them and ask them what is wrong or do you ignore their behavior and just go on like nothing is wrong?

I have had a problem with this co-worker for several months now. I posted here about it and after reading your responses I tried to treat him like "normal", BUT I never confronted him and asked what the problem was. "Normal" meaning I spoke to him when we passed each other in the morning he mumbled back to me, but I kept it up then off and on times would come where I'd just say it's not worth it and not speak at all. Luckily, our job duties do not overlap much, but we do run into each other throughout the workday. Our workplace is small with only 5 other co workers. I have tried to be the bigger person and offered to help him with an occasional overload in his work. When I offered this- he brushed me off and wouldn't accept my help. He also avoids me every chance he gets. For the past few weeks I have tried my best to speak on every occasion our paths crossed and thought things would eventually get better but......

Now it appears that I have done something else that he is holding agnst me. As of this AM he is not speaking (mumbling) at all and is making smarty comments in front of co-workers when we are all gathered together that demean me.

I guess you could say it is a personality conflict granted we both have strong personalities.

It appears that he wants me to come to him and ask him what is wrong but I just can't bring myself to do it. It just goes agnst my grain. He is acting like a child and I refuse to reward him. I feel like if you have a problem with me come tell me and let's work it out-- if not get over it.

This has gone on too long and I am tired of it. While I hate having conflict I also hate giving in to a childish adult. Is there a way I can do this without saying to him "what have I done to you?"

Thanks for any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Sipsy

Comments (30)