SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

All vacationed out!

Alice_sj
10 years ago

My husband and I are back from the Alaskan cruise. (I know I've been gone a long time, but that's another post. And thanks, again, to everyone who answered our pre-cruising questions!) We had fun , but I don't think we're cruise people. (He deals with motion sickness, and I have been dizzy for several days after getting home.) I'm glad we tried it, though.

It was really cool to see orcas "playing" and dolphins swimming alongside the ship, and we really enjoyed the few shows and excursions we did. The steakhouse restaurant on the ship was the best we've ever eaten at.

Glenda, I think you had a much better naturalist on your ship then we had. I wonder if ours was inexperienced, as she had lots of technical difficulties and she kept telling incomplete stories about when her "family came here" to the US, instead of talking about the nature. And then she'd say things like "we passed it a half hour ago, but that was..."

All in all it was an adventure, and my husband and I will laugh for years about the comment from one vacationer from New York who was disappointed the trip and scenery wasn't "more Alaskan."

Comments (6)