SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Search in Portugal for Madelin McCann

sheilajoyce_gw
9 years ago

I saw on the news that Scotland Yard is digging up an area and also using dogs in the search for Madelin McCann in Portugal. She was the darling 3 year old who was kidnapped from the hotel room while she and her siblings were sleeping and the parents were at a restaurant down the street having a late dinner with friends many years ago. What a heart breaking story that has been.

Comments (4)

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Yes, it certainly is heartbreaking. I have followed it from the start. The parents were so crushed.

I always kind of hoped she would turn up alive somewhere, but to be honest, she would have suffered so all these years. Poor little angel. I guess the most we can hope for at this time is closure for her parents.

But, who knows. Elizabeth Smart came back and so did Jacey Dugard (name?).

• alisande
    9 years ago

It was nasty when her parents were under suspicion. I felt so bad for them. Leaving her alone was certainly a lapse in judgment, but they clearly loved her.

• Pieonear
    9 years ago

I've always hoped and felt like they'd find her, but this latest announcement about the search doesn't sound good.

• Orchidllauraga
    9 years ago

I hope her death (if they find out it is her) was swift and painless. I know it will be tragic for her parents, but at least they will have closure.