SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_socal

Going to Austin in July!

Jodi_SoCal
10 years ago

I keep hearing about Austin, San Antonio, the lovely "hill country" of Texas. I was actually invited by my friend Tina to spend a week at an exotic animal sanctuary in April but was unable since I had just returned from SE Asia. Then, we discovered an aunt we were planning on seeing in TN had recently moved to Austin. And other friends of our just moved to the hill country. Maybe we'd make our way out there next year some time.

Then, last week I found out my favorite singer/songwriter, Hal Ketchum (ran a fan site for him for 8 years) has come out of health-related retirement and is doing a concert in a small cantina in the hill country outside Austin ... on my 60th birthday. The big six-oh!

I saw no reason to celebrate 60 until this news hit. DH thought it to be a good enough reason to book a flight, so off we go in three weeks.

We leave on July 17th arriving in Austin around 5:30pm. Heard traffic is the pits there and looks like we will hit it square on.

We'll spend a couple days with Aunt Bea and then head to Fischer, TX where the concert will be, spending the night at Fischer Haus on Saturday, July 20th (my birthday).

After seeing a bit of the hill country on Sunday, we'll probably head over to San Antonia for the river walk and Alamo and then back to Aunt Bea's.

Anyone at the KT live in or near Austin or San Antonio?

Jodi-

Comments (34)