Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 17:27

Busy day--appointment in town and while we were there the rains started. Still pouring down rain when we left there and all the way back home--a 45 minute drive. Then we had to go to Lowes to sign the contract for our new flooring. I can't wait to get rid of the carpet! Maybe our new floor will be installed next week. (Crossed fingers.) So we're having leftover tuna casserole tonight.

Hope you've had a good day--what's for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Taco's and refried beans...I'm so tired to do much more. I got way too much heat today!

o

Taco's and refried beans...I'm so tired to do much more. I got way too much heat today!

o

o

o

Leftovers! Yay! Got green beans, corn, mixed "fried stuff" which is potatoes, green tomatoes and okra mixed together and corn sticks. Love these summer vegetable meals.

jude

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?!

Wow, guess I wanted Y'all to know what I was having...how it posted 3 times in beyond me!

o

I had a lot of running around to do today. I picked up a Lean Cuisine spaghetti w/meat at my last stop to have for my meal. Too tired to do any more than that.

Shirley

o

I enjoy Lean Cuisine spaghetti w/meat! Haven't had it in ages.

When in doubt, I ended up at Golden Corral, and MAN were they busy.

They are right beside the intersection for I-65 South for those headed to Florida, and North. Three bus loads of boy scouts with their leadeds were headed to a camp up north.

Everybody and his brother were there, including me!

o

LOL Cheryl--I thought you were extra hungry! Wish I could come to your KT get together :-( I know it's going to be fun and I'd love to meet you and Monie. I have met JoAnn and she's a sweetheart! (Ask her to make her red velvet cupcakes--they are to die for!) It's really nice of you to host what could become a huge KT party!

Jude, you are so right about the summer vegetables. I just got crazy at the farmer's market. But then I have to use everything quickly before it spoils. Not a problem. I could eat cucumbers and radishes for breakfast :-) And have, BTW!

Shirley, I'm just grateful I had something--anything--for leftovers. I'm with you. Too worn out to cook a new meal.

o

We went to the restaurant I work at for all you can eat fried cat fish with baked beans and cornbread and salad bar. It was all so good.

o

Pasta, cause tomorrow is a bike ride day. :)

Along with it, I had my very first patty pan squash.

Well, it was delish!

I sliced it. Sprinkled it with rosemary powder on one side.. turned it over in grape seed oil, and sprinkled garlic salt on the other side. Then I grilled the slices on george foreman.

Just delish.

Need to harvest some more tomorrow. :)

Moni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here