Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Thursday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 17:11

The tile guy came out to measure for our new floor. I'm getting excited about this. It will be so much easier to take care of.

I mopped the kitchen and Florida room floors and cleaned the cabinet fronts and the outside of the appliances. I do not have any idea how two people can get things as dirty as we seem to.

Tonight we're having tuna casserole with bread and butter and sliced mango for dessert. Harry's coumadin levels were high so we need to lay off a little on the green stuff. The casserole has peas, but we didn't have greens yesterday. His dietary needs/don't get a little confusing at times :-)

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Thursday?

My annual trip to The Diplomat for their yummy grilled reuben. Leave off the dressing, just mayo and mustard, please!

o

I think I will do a pizza.

o

barbecued hamburgers with avocado salsa that I just made.

o

I'll have lunch with you, Glenda. But I'll just have a plain old corned beef. ;-)

I thought about pizza, Raven. But tuna casserole is so much easier!!

OOOOOOOOOh baby! Does that avocado salsa sound good on a hamburger!! With gooey, melty cheese and buns warmed on the grill. Enjoy--I know you will!

o

I took the night off and had leftovers, plus a slice of brown bread w/honey.

Shirley

o

Fully Cooked Ready In Minutes Red Curry Chicken With Jasmine Rice, 12 oz from Safeway. Always like to keep a few ready maade entries on hand, usually from Trader Joe's or Safeway.

As a side, parsley-buttered carrots from scratch. & Beer.

Also made my first Baklava, using my neighbor's recipe, for dessert. Clearly not up to speed, but should taste OK.

o

DH ate pork ribs and a side of pasta. Our DD had given me a frozen pan of macaroni and cheese with lobster and I had that.

o

We were sitting around after golf and my friend whose husband just died said she defrosted a lasagna that a neighbor brought over, why don't we come over for dinner. In about five minutes, she had a table full of takers. I made a Greek salad and brought some hot fudge sauce for ice cream and Voila' dinner was done. We had a great time, and Pat had fun having some people to share her meal with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here