Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
patti43 says: What's on your dinner table, today?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 16:58

She and DH are having an afternoon at the dentist, then errands to run, and dinner out.

Sooooo, what's your meal of choice today?

I drove downtown and had hamburger steak, country style fried okra, creamed corn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: patti43 says: What's on your dinner table, today?

Just BLTs for us.

o

We're having baked chicken, spanish rice (I am trying to perfect a recipe for good Mexican/Spanish rice), English peas for my graddaughter, and cornbread.

o

This morning Cheryl and I got out to the garden by 7:30 and we planted more sweet corn, green beans, and more veggie plants. We are not finished. Tomorrow we plan on starting out again planting. Lunch was leftover fettuccine Alfredo and pork barbecue sandwiches and leftover birthday cake. While in town late this afternoon getting more plants and seed to plant we stopped at Dairy Queen for Happy Hour. I had a chocolate malted shake, I am so full I don't want a thing to eat the rest of the day. We have to get things in before it once again rains and is too wet. That is why we are rather late with some things.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

We just got back from our vacation, so I am keeping it easy. Mac'n'cheese from the Blue Box, and pan fried turkey kielbasa. I'll add some sort of veg.

o

Rain most of the day today so I went grocery shopping. Hubby had crab cakes with a salad & I had a cube steak.

o

Keep 'em coming, ya'll have me drooling!

o

Leftovers graced my table tonight.......creamed peas/potatoes, a chicken patty, and a pear.

Shirley

o

We are having tilapia, fresh corn on the cob (we didn't grow it, ours isn't ready yet,) fried squash and zucchini (out of my garden,) chopped salad and chocolate cream pie. I made the pies for Fathers Day and there are a few pieces left in the fridge.

o

Mmmmm, Trixietx, chocolate cream pie is a real comfort food to me!

Patti - not a fun way to spend an afternoon, at the dentist. I hope things went well for you and your DH.

Dinner today was pork chops, carrots and brussel sprouts cooked in the slow cooker with a mushroom sauce, and mashed potatoes.

o

We had turkey burgers stuffed with feta cheese and topped with sauteed onions, mushrooms and spinach, cottage cheese and a salad.

o

Mine is still in the oven. I purposely waited till 7pm to turn the oven on, as it's the cheapest rates. :(

I'm trying a new recipe. Marinated chicken breasts in balsamic, garlic, grainy mustard, olive oil and I forget what else.

We're having rice and green beans with it.

o

Wish this thread had a smell, as I know it would be smelling good with all your fixings.

Thx for sharing!

Next, please :o)

o

Well, I had toast and a glass of wine. I know, I know! But heck, it's what sounded good to me. And it was. Hahaha.

o

I had some left over salmon from the freshly caught stuff from my neignbor, a handful of Swiss chard from the garden just picked and some left over spaghetti pasta.....I sauteed the chard with onions and garlic, added the spaghetti and just heated the salmon to the perfect temperature.
Then I squeezed some freshly picked lemon on top and loved every single bite.

o

I had a big lunch following golf today so didn't feel much like cooking. I had a bit of the leftover fried rice and DH had the fried rice and hot and sour soup. I have a luncheon tomorrow....may not cook dinner again tomorrow night. This is getting to be a habit!

o

Tuna salad sandwiches, cottage cheese and tomatoes. Had been craving tuna. Really hit the spot!

o

I had a nice big tossed salad last night w/ olives, pickles, cranberries, sliced egg, onion, cheese, and tri- color Tortilla strips. Cucumber ranch dressing.....very good & filled me up!

o

oops, forgot the tomatoes!!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here